Give It Away

yard.sale • edison.home.phonograph
photo credit: origamidon via photopin cc

Recently, as I was organizing my sewing/guest room, I found quite a bit of stuff that I knew I needed to get rid of, but the agonizing thing for me was that I had paid so much for all of it. I just couldn't throw it away, but I didn't want to try to sell it all either.

Then I remembered this verse in Proverbs:
Proverbs 11:24,25 "There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty. The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself."

It's one of the paradoxes of Scripture - give and it shall be given you; he that watereth shall be watered also himself; whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap.

These verses are an encouragement to more readily let things go. Donate them to a thrift store or give them to someone who needs or wants them. Be generous; be liberal. You'll find being a blessing does you more good than the person you're giving to!

Have you experienced the joy of giving something away that you don't need, to find that it was exactly what someone else needed?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Week of Modest Dress

Building An Effective Scripture Journal

Meet My Bible