In All Labour

The Seamstress or, Young Woman Working  by Francoise Duparc
The Seamstress or, Young Woman Working

Pro 14:23 In all labour there is profit: but the talk of the lips tendeth only to penury (poverty).
I love to read about organization, time management, and homemaking . . . but when it comes to actually doing things - organizing, using my time wisely, making my house a home - well, I'm not quite as good at doing it as I am at reading about it.

We can sit and read about a subject all day, but until we get up and do something, there's no profit from it. In all labour there is profit; even if we don't do it perfectly, there is still profit in doing something!


Comments

  1. Anonymous6:30 AM

    I used to share that verse with my kids when they were dragging their feet about chores. :-)

    I tend to spend much more time reading and thinking about organization and projects than actually doing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good verse! LOL I'm trying to overcome my habit of just reading about things to do. I've done pretty good the past week at writing down what I want to do and then doing it. It's a process for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

Popular posts from this blog

A Week of Modest Dress

Building An Effective Scripture Journal

Meet My Bible