Wednesday in the Word: The Christian Life

We do not segment our lives, giving some time to God, some to our business or schooling, while keeping parts to ourselves.  The idea is to live all of our lives in the presence of God, under the authority of God, and for the honor and glory of God.  That is what the Christian life is all about.

R. C. Sproul


So many times we pick and choose the areas in our lives that we'll give to God. Maybe He is in control of your homemaking, your homeschooling, and your marriage, but you save your entertainment for yourself. Or your music. Or your clothing choices.


What if your child came to you and said, "Mom, when I need new clothes, you're in charge. When I'm hungry, you're the cook. When I need help with my homework, you're the smartest mom out there. But when I want to stay up late, you have no business telling me to go to bed. When I read a magazine, you can't tell me what to read. And when I like someone, you have no call to limit my friendships!" We don't believe in boxing our children's lives into segments, only being in control in some areas . . . yet we try to limit God in that same way . . . "Lord, you can have my home, my schooling, and my marriage - but hands off my clothes and my TV shows!"


Let me encourage you to let God into all areas of your life. He loves you, knows what's best for you, and wants what's best for you. You can trust Him! Give Him complete control!

Comments

  1. This is a wonderful post~ The contentment people will get when they truly give their whole lives to God is unbelievable. I don't know how people survive carrying it all around themselves. He gets the good, bad and the ugly with me-In return I get peace beautiful wonderful glorious peace. Peace you can only get from God.

    Good stuff~♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and something all Christians should do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:03 PM

    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very good! I have been guilty of this and I love the way you compare us and our children to us and God. There is no way I would allow my children to tell me what they were going to do yet I often do just that with my heavenly father. Thanks again for the right thing at the right time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came across your blog and I love it! It's so sweet an cheery. :)
    Hope you have a wonderful day.

    Blessings- Emily

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

Popular posts from this blog

A Week of Modest Dress

Building An Effective Scripture Journal

Meet My Bible