Welcome to Sunday School
After I wrote about my favorite homeschooling resources, a friend of mine asked if I had any good - and free - Sunday school resources. I had already been thinking about getting a list of those together, so I took that as my cue to get on with it. Thanks, Debbie!
I almost forgot - any of these sites would be great for homeschool resources too. Teaching is teaching, and these resources are Bible-based! And speaking of Bible-based, please be aware that I do not necessarily agree doctrinally with all these sites. Please use with discretion and in accordance with your doctrinal convictions - and give me the benefit of the doubt if you find something you don't agree with. I use these places as resources - not as my personal doctrinal guides.
- Child Evangelism Fellowship - I use CEF's lessons for our Sunday school. I have taught completely through the Bible with them since we began our church. CEF has Bible lessons, missionary stories, seasonal lessons, devotionals, visuals for all the lessons, and song visuals - great resource!
- MSSS Crafts and Resources for Bible Stories - the first place I go when looking for activities or color sheets to go with my lesson - has Old and New Testament lessons with ideas for object lessons, crafts, songs, activities for each one for Primaries through Juniors
- DLTK's Bible Activities - another go-to for activities, this is a goldmine of printables, games, coloring sheets, and more - great for homeschooling too
- Calvary Chapel Curriculum - this site is great! Again, I don't agree with everything doctrinally, but there are some good training resources here, as well as good lessons. I use their color sheets almost every week, using my own verses at the bottom of the page. I love their training manual and seminars - I've printed out several of their pages for my personal use to learn to be a better teacher.
- Teaching Tip of the Week - these are archives of Teaching Tips from Berean Bible Ministries that I found years ago - lots of practical tips for running your classroom
- Wycliffe's Free Downloadable Curriculum - over 60 age-appropriate lessons you can download for free
- Danielle's Place Crafts and Activities - tons of craft ideas for kids
- Learn the Bible Sunday School - I haven't used much from here, but it's a fundamental Baptist resource. I know the pastor's wife of this church!
- The Character Journal - this isn't necessarily Sunday school material per se, but it would make a great addition to class each week, a little extra teaching to help children learn good character traits - I love it!