Wes is teaching on Sunday nights on The Science of the Christian Life, based on a series of lessons by the late Dr. Jack Hyles. He's doing a great job of teaching these lessons, and I'm so grateful that I get to sit in the service on Sunday nights. The other two services of the week I'm teaching the kids' class.
This past Sunday night, Wes taught on the Science of Conscience. I thought he had some good points, and wanted to share them here.
- A damaged conscience (the result of the fall of man) is called several things in the Bible: an evil conscience (Hebrews 10:22); defiled (Titus 1:15); seared (I Timothy 4:1,2); weak and defiled (I Corinthians 8:7); and weak (I Corinthians 8:12). We have to have our consciences back in good repair before we can depend on them.
- How to get your consience in good shape:
1. Have a pure mind - Titus 1:15, Philippians 4:8
2. Love - I Timothy 1:5 - learn to love others where they are
3. Fight - I Timothy 1:18,19 - fight the world and the flesh
4. Serve - Acts 24:16 - exercise your conscience - focus on serving
5. Be honest - Hebrews 13:18 - honest with ourselves and others in all situations
6. Share the Gospel - I Peter 3:15 - share the hope that is in you
7. Endure persecution - I Peter 2:19 - endure wrong patiently
8. Obey- I Peter 3:21 - do what God commands - say 'yes' to God about everything
No, we're not moving again! After almost 10 years of blogging in the same place, my blog is moving. My new address is www.susanhutc...
Do you ever just have to laugh at God's timing?! Last year, I began a quilt that I was hoping to finish by Christmas. Time moved quick...
Have you ever had a dream that you were witnessing to someone, and you turned to a familiar passage of Scripture, only to find it missin...