1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for our family gifts that go under the tree. Gift bags for friends.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I finally succumbed to the artificial tree. I held out for the real one for years and years, but Wes likes the ease of the artificial ones - pre-lit, too! Gives us more of that Christmas peace! ;)
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually around the second week of December. Sam's birthday is the 12th, so I used to wait till after that to decorate when he was younger. Beth loves to decorate for Christmas, so it gets earlier every year. Before long we'll be decorating on Thanksgiving Day! ;)
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Day
5. Do you like eggnog? I love it, but I can't drink it anymore because of all the sugar in it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child. My piano, hands down! My parents sacrificed that year to buy me an antique player piano that had been refinished and the player mechanism removed. I loved the piano then, but I cherish the sacrifice more now.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Wes - the man wants nothing! LOL
8. Easiest person to buy for? Beth - she's a girl. What else can I say? ;)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail to close friends and family; email to many of my online friends.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received. I can't think of any I absolutely hated!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When we have some money, usually the first of December
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Used to be chocolate-covered cherries (sorry, Barbara! LOL), but can't eat those anymore. I guess it would be ham - love ham.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes - see #2 above
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Stay home
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes, thanks to my Gene Autry record I had as a child! Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen, but do you recallllllll the most famous reindeer of allllll???? Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer . . . . la la la la la la la (the link is to a video of the record playing - love it!)
20. Angel on the treetop or a star? Angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People who are rude in the stores. Yes, it's crowded. Build and bridge and get over it. Being rude does not fix it!
23. What theme or color are you using? We have a mixture of colors. Wes likes lots of color.
24. Favorites for Christmas dinner. Ham or turkey, green bean casserole, homemade rolls, pumpkin cheesecake
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I've asked for a particular magazine subscription, and I've hinted that I want Beth to make me a necklace for Wes to give me! ;)
26. Do you have a favorite ornament, what? No
27. Favorite Christmas special on TV? I don't really have one, but Wes loves The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (cartoon version).
28. Do you give gifts to extended family (adult siblings, nieces, nephews, cousins)? Family gifts or individual ones? We've never been able to afford it. We send cards and make phone calls to our loved ones.
29. Christmas parties? We have a ladies' Christmas Brunch every year and a Pastor's Open House for our church family and local friends.
30. Do you bake Christmas cookies? What kind? I make Jam Thumbprints for my husband, and a couple of favorite recipes that I only make at Christmas, like Chocolate Crinkles
31. Special church services? We go to the Christmas program at Greater Vancouver Baptist Church each year the Sunday before Christmas; we make that our Sunday night service that week. Other than that, we don't have special church services. Maybe in years to come.
32. Christmas events you like to attend? See above.
33. Read the Christmas story on Christmas? Yes. Wes reads it on Christmas morning, before we open gifts.