Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Train Reports Ahead

Hello, my dear readers! Wes and I are back home and trying to get back into the groove of living. I find it very hard to get back into my routines when we've been away, and this time has seemed a little harder. I was exhausted when we got home on Saturday, but we had to prepare for church on Sunday and for a youth activity at our house after church on Sunday night. I moved like a zombie all weekend, slept as much as I could, then went to bed by 9:30 Sunday night and slept till I woke up naturally Monday morning. Today I'm finally feeling like myself again, praise the Lord!

We also decided to begin a new way of eating for my diabetes, and for this first week, my blood sugars have been and will be all over the place as my body adjusts. Yesterday was no fun at all! I had just a bit of a low blood sugar this afternoon, but I stayed calm - even though my body was yelling that I needed to do something fast! It came up again quite nicely and I'm feeling fine at the moment. I believe this way of eating will be beneficial for me in the long run, so please pray for me as I adjust to it. I plan to make it my lifestyle, as it's not hard at all once you get past the first few days.

I must apologize for the trouble I had posting from the train two weeks ago. The website said that the Parlour Car had free wifi for the sleeper car passengers, and it did . . . to an extent. It seemed to have trouble handling more than a handful of connections, and we discovered that, if Wes and I sat near each other, one of us could pick up the wifi signal but the other could not. We found that to be the case both on the trip down and back. So I ended up not being able to connect nearly as well as I'd hoped, and I had trouble connecting and downloading pictures even at hotels. So . . . I will recap our train experience, with pictures, as we go through this week. Thanks so much for your patience!


  1. I hope and pray your dietary adjustments go well. Looking forward to the train report!

    It takes me a while to recover after a trip, too. When possible we try to get back a day ahead of when we actually need to be back, to give us a day to regroup and rest, but it is not always possible.

  2. Thank you, Barbara! My body seems to be doing fine at the moment with these adjustments. I'm hoping I'll be able to gain better control of my sugars.

    We seem to always be rushing to get back home because we always have something going on that we have to get back for. Maybe someday we'll have a time when we can come home in a leisurely manner!

  3. Glad you had a good time! Looking forward to reading more and seeing your photos! I have always wanted to take a train trip. My mom did it by herself from New Orleans to LA last year for my nephew's graduation (from Lancaster Baptist). I would've loved to have done it, but NOT with a 2-year-old! Maybe in a couple of years we can go on a less-than-a-day train trip somewhere!

    What dietary changes are you making for your diabetes?

    1. Ava, we did see some children on the train, and one couple had a baby and a school-age child with them. I was thinking how I wouldn't love to travel that way with little ones!

      I'm making a note to myself to write about my dietary changes soon.

  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  5. I would love to know more about your dietary changes!

    1. Theresa, I'll begin planning a post about the changes. I'm almost afraid to write about them, afraid they'll be considered too drastic! ;) But I believe we're doing the right thing for me. Stay tuned!

      I deleted the above comment because it was basically a repeat of this one! :)


Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

I'm Moving

No, we're not moving again! After almost 10 years of blogging in the same place, my blog is moving. My new address is www.susanhutc...