I saw this survey about "your firstborn" on a friend's Facebook page this morning. It was fun to read, so I thought I'd do it too. If you'd like to join in, copy it and write in your own answers. Let me know if you do it!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Ecstatically happy! We had been trying for a couple of years, going through some testing and such to see if anything was wrong. I was under a doctor's monthly care, so any sign of pregnancy resulted in a pregnancy test - which meant I knew almost as soon as it was possible to know.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Absolutely not
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 23
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Blood test at the doctor's office, phoned for the results
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? My husband
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? No, we liked being surprised
9. DUE DATE? December 5, 1988
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? No
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Meat, pepper, and chocolate-covered doughnuts! But not all together.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? I don't think I was too irritable, till near the end. I was so huge that nothing fit, even my biggest dress, so I cried because I had nothing to wear! Wes might remember better whether or not I was irritable! ;)
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Boy
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No, I was happy with my little boy
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 45 - it was horrible! LOL
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Two - with my family and friends in SC when we visited there, and one after he was born, with our church family in SD.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about both
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? My blood pressure was a problem the last 3 months. I was on partial bed rest - had to lie down a couple of hours morning, afternoon, evening, then they expected me to sleep all night.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Ellsworth AFB, Rapid City, SD
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? About 9
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? I drove myself. I had a scheduled doctor's appointment that day, and they decided to induce while I was there. Wes was at work across the base, so they sent someone for him.
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Wes was the only person with me other than doctors and nurses
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? I had one shot of morphine, but it didn't seem to help any
27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 8 lbs. 12 oz.
28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? December 12, 1988 - 5:38 p.m.
30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Samuel David
31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 20
No, we're not moving again! After almost 10 years of blogging in the same place, my blog is moving. My new address is www.susanhutc...
Do you ever just have to laugh at God's timing?! Last year, I began a quilt that I was hoping to finish by Christmas. Time moved quick...
Have you ever had a dream that you were witnessing to someone, and you turned to a familiar passage of Scripture, only to find it missin...