Friday, July 18, 2008

It's Friday

Wow, this week flew by! Wes arrived home safe and sound last night. We were all worn out by the time we got home, so we slept in a bit this morning and have been just easing back into real life today. He and I ran some errands, and we'll take a couple of hours this evening for a date, then it's back to our real purpose in life, getting ready for church on Sunday!

I can't tell you how glorious the weather has been lately! Our highs have been in the 70s with a light breeze and the skies have been almost entirely clear. This is why the residents of Vancouver love summer! For the past couple of weeks, I've been remembering our summers in Texas - temps near and over 100, the sun blazing down - and just reveling in the amazing fact that temps in the 70s is considered "the height of summer" up here! I'm sorry to all my Texas friends, but I am not missing those blazing hot summers down there!

Beth's first week of camp for the summer starts on Monday, so I will once again be childless for a week. She will be working the first week as a junior counselor. All that means is that she will be working. Cleaning toilets and showers. Helping with meals. Helping with games. It's a lot of work, but she loves it because all that work is shared with her friends. They all pitch in together and have a great time, and it takes a huge load off the adult counselors and leaders to have the teens helping. Wes and I aren't doing anything at camp this year, a first for us in the four years we've been here. We'll probably jump back in next year.

Sam and his group are on the road again - just a little over a week till we'll see him in Lakewood, WA. Wes says he is now officially known as "Sam's Dad" in Lancaster. Seems that Sam has poked himself into everything that he can at the school and church, so most everyone knows who he is. Wes heard lots of good things about Sam while he was down there, which is food for this Mama's heart. He's coming home for 1 1/2 weeks on August 18th.

Andrew is still working hard in SC. He said he goes to bed a little earlier and gets up a little later every day - the joys of working every day! He only has about five weeks left out there, and then I'll be so glad to have him home again, too. I'm just glad it's for more than a week or two.

I've rambled on enough. Have a great Friday . . . talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

I'm Moving

No, we're not moving again! After almost 10 years of blogging in the same place, my blog is moving. My new address is www.susanhutc...