A few items of bloggy business . . .
1) I have added a link to our current prayer letter in the right sidebar, in my "Meet Our Family" section. It's even in PDF format so you could print it out and read it like a regular letter, should you so desire. I should probably mention that, in order to read the letter, you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader (it's free), if you don't have it already. I hope to remember to update our prayer letter link every couple of months, as long as Wes remembers to post the prayer letter every couple of months. Ahem. Most of what's in our letter will probably be familiar to you regular readers, but it's more from Wes's point of view as the pastor and sometimes contains specific prayer requests related to our church or ministry. So it's there if you care to read it. And you're surely welcome to pray for us, too!
2) I hope to participate in BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes, beginning December 17th. I didn't participate last year, but I did stop by and look at others' homes. What I particularly enjoyed was that most people didn't have fancy houses or decorations; it was just bloggy neighbors sharing their Christmas decorations and traditions. Fun stuff!
3) I have to publicly apologize to my friend Michelle (momofmhasr). She offered me an award over a week ago, and I promised to come by and collect it. Then I got busy and forgot to go by and get it - twice. So, Michelle, if you will e-mail me your blog address, I'll be sure to come by. The link to your profile doesn't contain your blog address, and I can't get to it.
4) To avoid unintentionally snubbing another bloggy friend, I will go ahead and mention a sweet award from Barbara H. at
Stray Thoughts. She chose to mention me in her Blog Buddies award. It just pleased me to no end that she considers me a "buddy". I enjoy Barbara's blog so much (I bookmark her articles often), because she has so many good things to say. Thank you, Barbara!
I'll pass along a few bloggy buddies whom I feel are good friends, too . . .
Alison Spence - I know this lady in real life! She is a pastor's wife here in the Vancouver area. We fellowship with their church several times during the year, and Mrs. Spence is always a bunch of fun.
Apples of Gold - I've gotten to know Deby these past few months, especially rejoicing with her when she got saved! She lives in WA, and one day we're going to get together in real life!
The Raubs on the Road - I also know Lisa in real life. She's a missionary wife with a large family and lots of wisdom!
DeStampin' Corner - I know this lady in real life too! She lives in Vancouver and attends one of our favorite area churches. She's also a Stampin' Up demonstrator who is having a giveaway on her blog next week!
What Matters Most? - I haven't met Lovella in real life, but she lives here in BC and has just become a Grammie for the first time. I love reading about her family and Canadian heritage!
5) I hope you're still with me. Rita at The Jungle Hut asked about Bloglines - what it is and how it works. Bloglines allows you to subscribe to the blogs you read, then displays their latest entries all in one place, so that you don't have to hop around the blogosphere to read your favorites. It's free and easy. You can tell at a glance who has updated their blog since the last time you logged in, and then just click on each title to read their latest entry. Saves tons of time. Just go to Bloglines and follow the simple instructions for registering, then begin subscribing. Easy peasy. You can see my Bloglines blogroll in my right sidebar, the first link under My Favorites, entitled "My Blogroll." Now you know how shamelessly I subscribe to blogs, and then I have to weed through them because it gets wild and crazy. Having them all in one place lets me read what I can, and either come back to them later or mark them all as read and start over.
Whew! I never meant for this post to get so long! I just meant to mention a couple of things and be done, then more and more things kept coming to mind. If you're still reading after all this, you either deserve a medal or to have your head examined! LOL I hope you have a great weekend. I'll get a post up about our Ladies' Christmas Brunch sometime soon . . . and Sam comes home on Tuesday!!!!
No, we're not moving again! After almost 10 years of blogging in the same place, my blog is moving. My new address is www.susanhutc...
Do you ever just have to laugh at God's timing?! Last year, I began a quilt that I was hoping to finish by Christmas. Time moved quick...
Have you ever had a dream that you were witnessing to someone, and you turned to a familiar passage of Scripture, only to find it missin...