Monday, May 07, 2007

Catching Up

Wow, almost a whole week since I posted! I can't believe how fast time is going. One week from tomorrow, my in-laws arrive for a visit. I'm excited, but I still have a lot of work to do to get ready for them. I'm feeling much, much better, although now I'm having a hard time getting my blood sugar back in control. I had gone off the medicine and was keeping it within good levels, and then when I got sick, I didn't eat right or exercise, and sickness and stress throw an extra curve in there too. This week I'm hoping to get back into a regular exercise routine and start eating right again. I was doing so good! Wahhh! LOL

If you read my Sunday in Review post for yesterday, you know that Wes was sick over the weekend with the same thing I had. He didn't get it as bad as I did; he was able to stay upright most of the time. He just felt cruddy. I think I was already worn out, so it hit me harder and sent me to bed. Anyway, he's feeling better today, far as I can tell, and I hope no one else gets it. Andrew did say, while I was sick, that he'd felt really bad one day the week before, when we thought he'd just had a cold. So I guess he's had it too, and he didn't tell us how bad he felt. That makes me feel like a bad mama for not noticing that he felt that bad!

Speaking of Andrew, Heather asked if we'd gotten the results of the testing done on those lumps beside his ear. He did have an ultrasound done, and the technician said it was just lymph nodes, and there were even several back in there that can't be felt on the outside. That made me comfortable, but when we went to the doctor for his interpretation of the ultrasound, he said that the results "were consistent with lymph nodes," which left open the possibility that it could be something else. Which terrified me initially, till I remembered that God knows what it is and what's going on. We will be going for another follow-up in July, to make sure the lumps haven't grown or changed in any way. The doctor was pretty sure they're just lymph nodes, but he's keeping an eye on them to be sure. And he's not laughing anymore because he can't find them! That alone made me feel better to know that he didn't think I was being an obsessive mother.

The house is coming along. I now have clear pathways around the boxes. I still have lots of unpacking to do. Last week was spent getting curtains up (minus those sheers still!) and just getting settled in to a somewhat normal routine. We now have a tenant living in the basement suite. He's a nice younger guy who seems to be easy to get along with. He isn't home very much, as he works all day every day, then on the weekend goes out. I never thought I'd be comfortable living in a house with someone else in the basement apartment, but it's very common here and it works out well for most families. And I am loving living in a regular house again! Just so you know, our tenant has a separate entrance to his suite, and our door to the basement is locked at all times. That's the most common question I've had - can he get in your house! LOL

I must run for now. Much to do today, and I've already been sitting here long enough. I catch a few blogs here and there, but I won't be back to my "regular" reading and posting for a couple of weeks yet.


  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

  3. Prayers just said for your hubby, you & your church to. Hope he's feeling better & your sugars are better. I can relate as my sugars go up & down alot. Last week they were pretty good. I was 118 to 110 to 92 which is good for me & where I want to be sugars wise. Best wishes with the move. May God bless you all...

    (Note: I made a typo & tried to repost it but it still had the typos in it so I deleted both posts & corrected the typo on here which is why you have 2 deleted posts from me. Sorry about that. I need to check my spelling lol.)

  4. Susan ~ I'm just back after a week off from blogging myself. I find it hard to catch up with everybody; there are some prolific bloggers out there - lol! :o)

    I'm so sorry to hear you all have been passing about the flu bug. Glad to hear you're better and hope you get your sugar regulated ~ soon!

    It sounds like you're settling in well. I know moving is a lot of work.

    Where is your Samuel going to go to college? and glad to hear Andrew's lumps seem like a non-issue. Keep us posted (as time permits, of course).

    Keeping you and your family in my prayers. I know you're super busy, but I just wanted to pop in and let you know I'm still thinking about you. :o)

  5. Cheryl, that's ok - there have been times I've wanted to do the same thing!

    Jodi . . . I haven't been prolific in anything lately! LOL Thanks for your prayers, and for stopping by on your marathon through the blogs - I know how that is. Samuel is going to college at West Coast Baptist College in Lancaster, CA. He plans to become a pastor. I think the flu has departed for now; hopefully no one else will get sick.

  6. I'm glad to hear they were just lymph nodes!! Sounds like you're having fun with the new house.... pics coming soon...?


Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

I'm Moving

No, we're not moving again! After almost 10 years of blogging in the same place, my blog is moving. My new address is www.susanhutc...