A couple of weeks before Mother's Day, there was a tribute to moms going around entitled "14 Things About My Mom," so titled because Mother's Day was on the 14th. I haven't seen one for Dads, so I thought I'd just start one, except I'll title it "18 Things About My Dad," because Father's Day is on the 18th!
1. He was born and raised in Greenville, SC.
2. He is the second of four children.
3. He looks just like pictures I've seen of his dad.
4. He was in the US Navy twice, once in the early '60's, and again in the late '60's.
5. He was a boiler operator in the Navy.
6. He was saved during a revival meeting with Bro. Billy Kelly, on January 26, 1972, in Columbia, SC.
7. He began Bible College at Tabernacle Baptist Bible College in January, 1974.
8. He has had several secular jobs, including mechanic and carpenter.
9. He has pastored 3 churches - one in TN, one in SC, and now a Spanish church in SC.
10. He became a missionary to Mexico and learned a second language when he was over 50 years old.
11. He's a father of 5 and grandfather of 13 (#14 is on the way).
12. He loves homemade ice cream. Breyer's Buttered Pecan takes a close second, if I remember correctly.
13. He has a great sense of humor (sometimes a little corny, but still funny!)
14. He raced midget race cars before he got saved. I thought he raced with Richard Petty, but he just laughs at that! ;)
15. He likes to take naps.
16. He likes English bulldogs.
17. He is bald (as are both of his brothers), but I think he's very distinguished looking!
18. He is one of the most humble, godly men I know, and I'm very proud to be his daughter!
Tell us about your dad! Leave a comment to let us know.