Saturday, March 07, 2015

We Interrupt Our Normal Programming . . .

I was going to have a new Worth the Read post ready for you this morning, but we have some important news that's much more interesting than that. At least to me it is.



These two are having a baby!
Our first grandbaby!

A few facts about this sweet little development: 

Baby is due September 27, 2015
Juliana is doing fine, mostly evening sickness, and the pregnancy is progressing well


This will be the first grandchild on both sides of the family
On the Hutchens side, it will also be the first great-grandchild
It will also be the first great-great-grandchild for Wesley's grandparents
We hope to get a five-generation photo after Baby comes, Lord willing


This baby will be my parents' third great-grandchild

My youngest sister, who got married last March, is also expecting her first baby . . . 

the same week!

I, the oldest sister in my family, will become a grandmother the same week that Rebekah, the youngest sister, will become a mother
How's that for family history in the making?!
Rebekah's baby will be our parents' 16th grandchild
I am so pleased to share this special time in our family with my youngest sister!


Here's how Sam told us about the baby . . . 
I was already texting him about a picture he had posted on Facebook, and he asked if I'd seen the other one he posted
I said no . . . 
and that boy sent me THIS


Wes said that was one of the few times in my life I was speechless
Samuel had not posted it to Facebook, of course,
and he immediately called us through FaceTime on his iPhone to tell us all the details
He almost got himself in big trouble with that one!

So we are excited 
and incredibly blessed 
to know that our first precious grandbaby is on the way!
We love him (or her) already
and I can't wait to hold it and plant kisses in its sweet little neck!

9 comments:

  1. Some of the best news ever! Congratulations to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, this is SUCH good news! I love the way he gave you the news! So happy for all of you. I'll be praying for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many, many happy Congratulations Susan and Wes!!! How very exciting. we'll be praying that all continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post brought happy tears to my eyes. So excited for all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for sharing in our joy over our coming grandbaby! We couldn't be more excited over this new season of life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations! WOW! 5 generation picture. I hope you get to take it. I have a 4 generation picture, as do my boys, both on my mom's side of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Grandma!!!! Life will be very sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin