Tuesday, October 21, 2014

We're Home!

A sweet view of the Eiffel Tower. This is not the best picture - I'm saving that one for the account of our anniversary!

What a month we had on our once-in-a-lifetime trip! We spent a fantastic two weeks in South Africa with our missionary friends, Jeremy and Rebekah Johnson. Wes spent hours and hours teaching in the Bible Institute Bro. Jeremy operates, and he preached in two services with a Zula interpretor. He also got to preach in the opening session of the local college, and students were required to attend - can you imagine that happening in North America?! We also visited a wildlife preserve and saw lots of animals we only see in zoos over here, and we learned a lot about South Africa and its people. I'll have a couple of posts, at least, about our time in South Africa.

Some excitement in the streets of London

We left Africa on October 3rd and headed to London. We were there for 7 nights, and enjoyed seeing many of the popular sights there. We also went to a place that had wonderful spiritual significance to us, and I can't wait to tell you about that! On the 9th, we took the Eurostar train under the English Channel to Paris and spent a beautiful 5 days there. We enjoyed a relaxed day on our 30th anniversary. The pace in Paris was a little slower than in London, simply because there wasn't as much that we were interested in seeing. The city of Paris is beautiful, with all its old buildings and iron balconies - I loved just taking a bus and riding through the streets just to see all the beautiful buildings.

The English like their coffee strong! I had 4 packets of sweetener and most of that little pot of rich, heavy cream in my cup, and it still had a bitter edge to it!

We took lots of pictures of the entire trip, but we have yet to get them all sorted out and ready to post. I will take the next couple of weeks to tell you all about our trip and show you lots of pictures. Wes is planning to make a video to present to our church family, and hopefully I'll be able to share that with you too.

The view from our hotel room on the outskirts of Paris. This was the most beautiful room and view, perfect for our anniversary week!
Finally, it is SO GOOD to be HOME! I've been scrambling around the house getting things back in order from our two trips and the time in between them - believe me, it's still quite a mess. One of the first things I did (after conquering the laundry) was to rearrange my kitchen. When we moved into this house in April, I just threw things in the cabinets and kept on trucking. That wasn't working at all! So now I've got my cabinets arranged much better and I feel like I can sanely work in there again. I'm really looking forward to nesting this fall and getting ready for Christmas!

That's all for now! Stories and more pictures coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I'm so happy to hear you are safely back!! I was just praying for you and Wes this morning (as I always do on Tuesdays) and was so glad to get this update. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip as time allows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing trip! Serving The Lord has so many benefits and I love that as missionaries we get to see so much of the world. Anyhow, glad you had a great time, looking forward to seeing more photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin