Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Introducing Vintage Grace

For about eight years I've had an on-again, off-again Etsy shop. Originally, I stocked my shop, HandmadeByGrace, with my own handmade greeting cards and gift tags, and experienced a small amount of success.

For the past couple of years, I've found myself drawn to vintage goods, especially vintage linens, and so I began to buy some things at the thrift shop and put them into my shop. Then, one night at the auction, there was an entire shelf of vintage linens, and as I looked through the items on that shelf, I realized that some of them might easily sell online. Wes bid on it for me, and we got the entire shelf of linens (about 6 boxes) for $55.00. I was a little uneasy over spending so much for what "might" sell, but we found a couple of things in that lot that we thought would do well in our Ebay store, AuctionHutch. One of them didn't sell at all, but the other, a new-in-package vintage damask tablecloth, sold for $85.00! That covered the price of the entire lot and gave us $35.00 profit after selling one item! And so began my passion for buying and selling vintage.

Of course, not all things sell like that. I wish they did! I've sold quite a few vintage items in my shop; here are a few:

Green tablecloth with trim

Floral round tablecloth

Large knit tablecloth
Poppies towel

Calendar towel
Skirt hem marker

Pattern marker
These are just a few of the things that sell well; I've also sold vintage buttons, needle cards, rulers, seam binding . . . all kinds of sewing notions . . . in addition to linens and towels!

As I began selling vintage, I noticed I was selling more vintage items than handmade ones. I love finding vintage items, I love getting them ready to sell, I love listing them, and I especially love the ease of just putting them in a package and mailing them - nothing to make! So I took the plunge and changed the name of my shop to Vintage Grace. I'd be thrilled if you'd take a look! And if you're looking for something vintage, ask me about it. I might have it! I seriously have enough stuff to to stock two shops! I even have some pink flamingo figurines! But that's another story for another day . . .


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I never would have thought of this. I have a huge cookie tin full of buttons that belonged to my mom and my great aunt. I'm sure many of those are vintage. So far we've used them for crafts, such as a wreath I made with my little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin