Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Take a Tour of Our New Home

Today I'll show you some pictures of our new home. We've been here a little over a month, and most of our "settling in" is done, although there are still a few things to do, like hanging pictures and really organizing the kitchen. I usually change things around three or four times before I'm completely happy with it.

Here's a reminder of the outside:


The house has two levels. On the bottom level is a living area, a bedroom and bathroom, and a laundry room. Here's how it looked before we moved in:

Looking from the back of the lower level to the front door.

Just inside the front door


The living area furnished! We got this sofa and loveseat at the auction for $40.00. It's in perfect condition and very comfortable!
 




Here is our bedroom. I thought I had a picture of this room before we moved in, but I can't find it. That bedroom suite was also at the auction. It has a four-poster bed, two nightstands, an armoire, and a dresser. And we paid just a touch over $250 for the entire set! We have an ensuite bath in this room.






When you get upstairs, to the right is the living room, dining room, and kitchen, all in one open area:

Living Room and Dining Room

Looking into the kitchen from the living room. The sliding door leads to the deck.

My kitchen. It's a good bit smaller than the one in the condo, which is a surprise. There is less cabinet space, and I don't have a pantry here. That's part of my frustration with the storage in here. But I'm working on it!
And here they are now:




I love the island! There is a dishwasher in it, but since it's just the two of us and the power bill is higher in the house than in the condo, I'm doing our dishes by hand. And I actually like it! The appliances are older, but they work great. The stove had a broken element in it on the bottom of the oven, but the landlord replaced that and now it's the fastest-preheating oven I've ever had!
The view from the sliding door in the kitchen

Our deck. It's huge!


These are some views of the outside around the house. I just love the views in this house. There are lots of windows and light, and from every window you can see woods and pastures. Step outside, and you hear the creek across the road and hundreds of birds in the trees. As I was writing this post, three deer walked through the woods right outside my window. This is like a dream come true! And we're allowed to live here while doing the work God called us to. We are so blessed!

I will try to be faithful about taking pictures through the seasons. Looking back at some of the outside pics I have, I realize that it's much greener now than it was just a couple of weeks ago, and the grass and trees are more full. And we've filled out our patio with some flowers and a little more furniture.

This was a long post. If you're still reading, thank you! I hope to get back to regular blogging now, although we do have several more trips away planned for this year. There will be lapses, but I don't want to give up blogging completely. If you're on Instagram, you can follow me there. It has become like a mini-blog for me. I love sharing and looking at pictures there!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Susan, it is just beautiful! The house is lovely, but the surroundings are just beautiful. God is so good. He knows all of our needs, and for you to be surrounded by trees and birdsong ... well, I am just thrilled to see how He has provided this beauty and serenity for you and Wes. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tammy and Mrs. T!!! God is indeed good to us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very homey and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! Praise the Lord! Thanks for sharing the photos. I felt like I was right there with you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin