Friday, March 14, 2014
Friday's Fave Five: March 14, 2014
I'm joining Susanne at Living To Tell The Story for Friday's Fave Five, where we take a few minutes to remember five blessings of the week, big or small, and share them with you!
We've had quite a busy week! I have a feeling that won't go away any time soon, as we're moving both our church and our home within the next six weeks! We are excited about it all, but the work ahead seems too much when I look at all I personally have to do, including a one-week trip smack in the middle of everything. This is where Philippians 4:13 comes in - all these things are God's will for this time, and I can do it all through Him!
Here are some blessings from the week:
1. My dress for the wedding is finished, and it fits beautifully! My friend Angela has done a fantastic job of altering it . . . and she still won't take any pay for it. What a blessing she has been! I want to show you a picture, but I'm not sure that my sister would want me to show the bridesmaids' dresses before the wedding. After the wedding, I will definitely share!
2. Coffee. I know it's a small thing, but I really do enjoy my coffee every morning. The amazing thing is that I didn't really start drinking it till a couple of years ago. Now it's an enjoyable part of my morning routine. My younger self would not believe this! ;) Also, having my first sip of coffee every morning always reminds me of my Granny. Every single day that I was ever with her at breakfast, she took her first sip and said, "Mmm. That's good coffee!" I find myself doing that, and I get such a kick out of automatically saying something that my Granny did - especially since I thought it was so funny that she always said it!
3. My passport arrived yesterday. I haven't mentioned this, but we were almost in a panic over our passports for my trip at the end of the month. They were due to expire today, and we know from dealing with the government many times before that it usually takes 6-8 weeks to get official documents processed and returned to us. We didn't find out the dates for my trip to SC until it was within that 6-week window. So Wes did some research and found that we could expedite the process and get our passports renewed and back in our hands in 2-3 weeks' time (for a small fee, of course!). So we mailed them February 18th, and they both arrived this week. Praise the Lord for expedited processing!
4. Good test results. Last year, my husband had an early colonoscopy because of his family history of cancerous polyps. They did find a very small polyp that was already cancerous, which they removed right away. He then went through several full-body scans and other tests to make sure there was no other cancer. Praise the Lord, there was no other cancer anywhere in his body. Last week was his six-month followup on the final tests they did last year, and everything is still fine, across the board.
5. Yesterday was my daughter's spiritual birthday. Nine years ago, she came to me with a troubled face and tears in her eyes, unsure if she was truly saved. She had made a profession of faith very young (at four years old), so I was quick to sit down with her to show her from the Bible how she could be absolutely sure she was going to Heaven. She gained assurance of her salvation that evening, and we saw definite spiritual growth in her life from that point on. In fact, in many ways I see more maturity in her than I do in my own life. She's an amazing young woman, and there is no greater joy in life than to know that my girl is absolutely sure of her salvation!
What's been going on in your life lately? Have some blessings to share? Feel free to leave a comment, or better yet, join us at Living To Tell The Story!