Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday's Fave Five





I'm joining Susanne at Living To Tell The Story for Friday's Fave Five, where we take a few minutes to remember five blessings of the week, big or small, and share them with you!

I've been MIA again this week - sorry for that! It's been a good week, and here are some of the highlights:


1. Sales in my Etsy shop. I've had several sales this week, which is very encouraging! After studying my shop stats, I realized that most of the searches and item views were for vintage items, so I'm changing my inventory (slowly!) to mostly vintage. I'll still offer some of my vintage-inspired gift tags, but I also have a ton of new stock to add as soon as I get them photographed.


2. Which leads me to my husband building me a light tent for taking pictures. One of the frustrations of taking pictures for my shop was finding just the right lighting. Our condo has only east-facing windows and our winters are very cloudy, so finding good light is extremely hard. So Wes found a tutorial online for a light tent and built the framing for it yesterday. Today I'll be finishing the sides and back for it, and then we'll be ready to take some good shots!


3. Sunshine. After saying we have mostly clouds all winter, I have to admit that this week has been sunny! It's much colder than usual, but we sure are enjoying the sunshine.


4. My parents. Yesterday was their 32nd anniversary. Haven't read their story? You can read it here. You may have guessed that I am much older than 32 years old. My parents married when I was 16. My dad had been widowed the year before, and he found new life and new love with a widow with two children of her own. That was 32 years, 2 more children, 15 grandchildren, and 1 great-grandchild ago. I'm very thankful for the goodly heritage the Lord has given me!


5. An upcoming wedding. I thought that I'd be unable to attend my youngest sister's wedding in March, but when she asked me to be a bridesmaid, Wes worked out a way for me to go. I'll be there for a week, and I get to wear a gorgeous dress! ;) I'm such a girl. The wedding is March 28th, exactly 4 weeks from today. My dress arrived here in Kelowna this week and is being altered, and I'm on the hunt for shoes to wear with it.

12 comments:

  1. I've also been enjoying the sunshine! It makes it feel just a little like spring though it is brutally cold on my side of the country this week.

    I am so glad that you will get to attend your sister's wedding. My brother is getting married this fall and I wish I could work out a way to be there, but I am not sure that it is going to happen. I hope you find a nice, and comfy, pair of shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel a little like spring here today! It's not terribly warm, but the sunshine is just gorgeous.

      I'm glad to get to go to my sister's wedding. We don't get to see family very often, and this gives me a chance to see my loved ones again. I'll even get to see some of my family on my deceased mother's side that I haven't seen in a very long time, and a chance to spend an evening with my best childhood friend. We haven't done that in a long time either!

      I hope you do get to go to your brother's wedding!

      Delete
  2. That's great that you will be able to go to your sister's wedding! We weren't able to make it for the most recent family wedding (another one of my sisters).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so grateful that Wes found a way for me to go! He's a sweetheart! ;)

      I'm sorry you didn't get to go to your latest sister's wedding! It's hard. When I was at the point of realizing I wouldn't get to go, I just cried. My sister has waited so long to get married, and I'd looked forward to her wedding for so long - and then not to go was just so discouraging.

      Delete
  3. Glad you get to go to the wedding. That will be something to remember. I'm pretty thankful for a few days of sunshine here, too. My daughter has an etsy shop and she's had to be pretty creative in taking photos that show well. That's great that your husband came to the photo rescue! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been able to get good pictures for most of my Etsy shop career, but this condo is not well-lit at all. I've been talking about a light box, and finally Wes just looked one up, went and got the supplies, and did it. How's that for a man?!

      Delete
  4. Sunshine makes such a difference. It's so good to see it after a spell of cloudy weather.

    The light tent sounds neat!

    I'm so glad you're getting to go to your sister's wedding and will get to meet up with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sunshine does make a difference! I never realized that till we lived in Vancouver, where it rains an average of 250 days a years. When the sun shines there, you drop what you're doing and go outside and enjoy it! Winter is a gloomy time here, with mostly cloudy days, but not much snow or rain. The clouds keep us insulated - but I think I like the cold but sunny days better!

      Delete
    2. sunshine on cold winter days sure does help!! Loved your list of faves...how awesome that you can be in your little sister's wedding!!! God's blessings to her and her new hubby :) Happy weekend!

      Delete
    3. I'm terribly excited to be going to my baby sister's wedding! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. That light tent sounds fascinating. I struggle to get good pictures of my knitting or quilting with our east facing window too. That might be an idea to help fix the problem. I hope you have a lot of fun at your sister's wedding. Do lots of girly things and enjoy that dress. (Hope you find the perfect shoes too.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to get the covering made for it today, and then I want to prepare a blog post about it so others can try it too. I've found quite a lot of free tutorials for making your own light box/tent, so I may include some links to the ones I thought were doable too. Thanks for the fun thoughts about the wedding, too. I just might try to lose the 20 years I have on my baby sister and be young again myself! ;) Haha!

      Delete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin