Friday, February 28, 2014
Friday's Fave Five
I'm joining Susanne at Living To Tell The Story for Friday's Fave Five, where we take a few minutes to remember five blessings of the week, big or small, and share them with you!
I've been MIA again this week - sorry for that! It's been a good week, and here are some of the highlights:
1. Sales in my Etsy shop. I've had several sales this week, which is very encouraging! After studying my shop stats, I realized that most of the searches and item views were for vintage items, so I'm changing my inventory (slowly!) to mostly vintage. I'll still offer some of my vintage-inspired gift tags, but I also have a ton of new stock to add as soon as I get them photographed.
2. Which leads me to my husband building me a light tent for taking pictures. One of the frustrations of taking pictures for my shop was finding just the right lighting. Our condo has only east-facing windows and our winters are very cloudy, so finding good light is extremely hard. So Wes found a tutorial online for a light tent and built the framing for it yesterday. Today I'll be finishing the sides and back for it, and then we'll be ready to take some good shots!
3. Sunshine. After saying we have mostly clouds all winter, I have to admit that this week has been sunny! It's much colder than usual, but we sure are enjoying the sunshine.
4. My parents. Yesterday was their 32nd anniversary. Haven't read their story? You can read it here. You may have guessed that I am much older than 32 years old. My parents married when I was 16. My dad had been widowed the year before, and he found new life and new love with a widow with two children of her own. That was 32 years, 2 more children, 15 grandchildren, and 1 great-grandchild ago. I'm very thankful for the goodly heritage the Lord has given me!
5. An upcoming wedding. I thought that I'd be unable to attend my youngest sister's wedding in March, but when she asked me to be a bridesmaid, Wes worked out a way for me to go. I'll be there for a week, and I get to wear a gorgeous dress! ;) I'm such a girl. The wedding is March 28th, exactly 4 weeks from today. My dress arrived here in Kelowna this week and is being altered, and I'm on the hunt for shoes to wear with it.