I'm joining Susanne at Living To Tell The Story for Friday's Fave Five, where we take a few minutes to remember five blessings of the week, big or small, and share them with you!
I had a little different kind of week, because Wes went to Lancaster, CA, this week for our daughter's 21st birthday, and I stayed home. I always enjoy a few hours alone, but when it comes to more than just a few hours . . . not so much. So my first blessing is . . .
1. Wes' safe trip to California and back. It really is amazing that we can travel so quickly and easily! He flew down on Monday afternoon, spent two days down, then flew back Thursday morning. He used air miles for the flight, so that cost very little. When I was a little girl, flying was a big deal - but now it's just a way of life. Amazing!
2. A safe place to live. We live in a condo, so I have a secure parking garage and a couple of locked doors between me and the outside world. That's a huge blessing when my husband is gone for a few days. I wasn't afraid to come in alone at night - although I'm still watchful and alert, of course. Notice that I didn't broadcast to the world that my husband was gone until he was back!
3. Coffee with a friend. When one of my friends learned I'd be alone this week, she invited me for coffee one evening. We enjoyed a couple of hours at our favorite Starbucks. It was fun to have a girls' night. Wes asked if we solved all the world's problems. We did not, but we sure gave it a try! ;)
4. Good deals. Not only did I go out for coffee on Monday evening, I spent Monday afternoon shopping! I found two tote bags/purses at Sears, on clearance for $6.99 each with an extra 40% off that price. I've been looking for something a little more stylish than the computer bag I've been using for my Wednesday night classes at church, and both of these fit the bill. I also found a new belt and some red slippers. My total was less than $30.
5. Our youngest child and only daughter turned 21 this week. I already wrote about her on her birthday, but I want to praise the Lord once again for the blessing our daughter is in our life. She's a keeper! :) Here are some pictures of her special day . . .
|Playing mini-golf with Dad|
|The whole family together for birthday dinner|