Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Quilty Fun Sew Along

There's a new book just out that's wildly popular among the quilting crowd, and I just had to have it too: Quilty Fun by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet. I love this lady! She has awesome tutorials and designs the sweetest fabrics and patterns, and when I saw she had a book coming out, I knew I wanted it. I ordered it to be delivered to the pastor's wife at Faith Baptist in Spokane, because I knew I'd be going down there for the ladies' retreat a couple weeks ago. She very graciously allows me to have things shipped to her when I'll be seeing her to save on shipping costs to Canada.



Before I could get my book, however, Lori and Fat Quarter Shop started the Quilty Fun Sew Along and Blog Tour based on the book. I really only missed one week, but I didn't have a chance to start on it the second week, so here it is the third week, and I'm just now posting the first week's block. Clear as mud? Simple translation: I'm behind by two weeks.


The first week's block was the Apple Block with verrykerryberry. I chose to make 2 red apples, 1 Pink Lady, and 1 Granny Smith! That seam ripper deserves its place of honor in the middle of this picture, because it worked closely with me this week!


I'm about to start on Week 2's block, Twinkly Winter Stars with nanaCompany. I'll post that one when I finish it - hopefully this week. It's a cutie! And the third week, Courthouse Steps with ps i quilt, is also due this week. Think I can get two more done by next Monday?!

IMG_6373

I'm linking up this week with Randi at i have to say for Show and Tell Tuesday. Go see what other people are sewing up this week!



4 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun! I don't follow any quilting blogs, so I haven't heard of this book.

    I really like those apples! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those quilted apples are so cute! That looks like a neat book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to watch your progress. Looks like a fun book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I follow SO MANY quilting blogs that I want to do every quilt along that comes down the pike!!! And this quilt along is one of them...I just don't have the book. I saved all of Lori's instructions for the Barn A-long (which are all included in the new book), so I hate to spend the $$ to still buy it for the other patterns. But...I want to do this quilt along. What to do? What to do? i love your apple blocks! Just adorable. I'll have to make a decision soon or I'll be waaay far behind!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin