Monday, November 11, 2013

My Unexpected Blogging Break

Hi, bloggy readers! I took an unintended break from blogging over the end of summer and most of autumn. I apologize for just dropping off the scene with no warning! Life got incredibly busy, and blogging sunk farther and farther down my list of things I needed to get done. A couple of you have left comments or sent emails asking if everything was ok, and I sure do appreciate your concern. We are fine!

During the summer and early fall, we had visits from Wes's parents and from Sam and Juliana. We went away to Family Camp and saw Beth off to college for her junior year at West Coast Baptist College. We had our church's annual Anniversary Revival with our former pastor, Bro. Mickey Hollars, who is now serving in Ada, Oklahoma. We had a teen campout and welcomed a new baby into our church family, as well as a new baby into my family - my sister is a grandmother, y'all! We've restarted our monthly ladies' fellowship after a summer break, and I've begun teaching our elementary-aged children on Wednesday nights in our Patch the Pirate Club.

I re-opened my Etsy shop, HandmadeByGrace, which has been doing well in the beginning of this holiday season. Wes and I have also been going to auctions and thrift shops and selling some of our finds through my shop and Ebay.

And our ladies went to a ladies' conference in Spokane, Washington, sponsored by Faith Baptist Church, this past weekend.

I'm exhausted all over again just typing all that!

I'm making plans for 2014 to be my best year ever! I'm finding balance in this busy life, and I want to share what I'm learning with you. I'm doing a little more crafting and reading these days, and I want to share those things with you as well. Thank you for not dropping me like a hot potato when I just disappeared!

What have you been up to?

9 comments:

  1. Hi Susan! It's great to "see" you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Valerie! It's good to be seen! ;)

      Delete
  2. Good to see a post from you pop up in my blog feeds again! You're almost busier with an "empty nest" than before, it seems!

    I think you know we took my mother-in-law into our home this summer, so much of life is revolving around her care and needs right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barbara! I did read that you brought your mom-in-law home this summer. I pray that the Lord is blessing you with extra strength and peace right now!

      Delete
  3. Glad to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to be back, Jen!

      Delete
  4. Susan,

    I am so happy to see you back!!! I came close to worrying about you (and I do pray for you, every Tuesday), but then I thought to go and look at your Etsy shop. What I saw there told me that you have been busy, busy, busy making things to fill up the shop. So although I was no longer concerned, I was still missing your blog posts. So pleased to see you here again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for praying for me and almost worrying about me, Mrs. T!!!! LOL It's nice to be missed.

      Delete
  5. Have missed you Susan in blogland but certainly understand all the busyness. Good to see a post from you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin