We've enjoyed a good week, and I'll share some of those blessings with you!
1. I'm so thankful to have a dishwasher! LOL With family visiting, it's wonderful to have a dishwasher, and it's even better when it's a newer one that you can just scrape the food off the dishes and load 'em in. And a special thanks to my daughter, Beth, for helping a lot with the dishes and general cleaning this week. It's a blessing to have her home for more than one reason! ;)
2. My hubby and I go to the auction almost every week, and last week he bought me a desk from a hotel sell-out to put in my re-organized guest/craft room. It has far more surface space than the old computer desk, and it looks much prettier too! It was a bargain at $25. I love that it has a drawer in the middle for office supplies, rather than a keyboard tray. I work from a laptop, so I don't need that tray . . . but I do need the drawer!
|Not as neat as I'd like, but this is real life!|
3. What a blessing to have air conditioning! Did you think it never gets hot in Canada? Think again! After a long, chilly, wet spring, July came roaring in with above average temps. We've been in the 90s for most of July, and it's not letting up anytime soon, according to the extended forecast. So I'm thankful for our air conditioner, because otherwise I would have surely died by now.
4. Wes and I spent the day together running errands, having lunch and coffee together, and bowling yesterday. We had fun! Wes beat me soundly in bowling, though. Have you ever seen five-pin bowling? That's more common here than ten-pin. You use balls that fit in the palm of your hand, and there are only five pins. You get up to three balls per frame, and the scoring is a little different - 15 points per frame rather than 10.
5. I had some time to read this week, just for fun. One of the teen girls at church let me borrow a book she had picked up recently, The Running Dream, and I've enjoyed reading it. It's definitely a teen book, but it's been inspiring and uplifting - not silly, like some teen girls' books are.
Join Susanne at Living To Tell The Story for more Friday Fave Five!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.