Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Several Things On My Heart

Good morning! We had a great visit with Wes' parents over the past week. They left yesterday morning. Wes had a funeral to preach at 10:00, so our goodbye was quick and we were all off in our separate directions to work the ministry the Lord has given us. I'm so glad we had the week with them, to take some down time and just enjoy chatting with them and really catching up on how they're doing. Please continue to pray for them as they travel for Macedonia World Baptist Missions in the western US.

I have a few things on my heart that have happened in the past week. Of course, I'm sure you've all heard about the church bus accident in Indianapolis on Saturday, as the Colonial Hills Baptist Church youth group was returning from camp. Their youth pastor and his wife and unborn baby were killed in the accident, as well as a mother of five who had gone on the trip so her disabled son could go to camp. The youth pastor and his wife are exactly the same ages as our Sam and Juliana, so my heart goes out especially to the parents of this young couple. They are also in the same life situation, and near the same ages, as our youth pastor and his wife: one child already, almost two years old, with another one due in August. To think of losing our children or youth pastor and his wife just breaks my heart, and I've been praying so much for that pastor, his wife, and for the church as a whole. I don't understand God's reasons - and that was my first cry to the Lord - but I do trust His ways. It's not wrong to question why, but we have to trust that God is in control and is working everything out in His plans.

Another person on my heart this week is a young woman I've never met, Mendy Brockman. She and her husband were involved in a car accident on July 5th, and she is paralyzed. They're a young couple in the ministry in Colorado, with four young children. Mendy has retained some use of her arms, and the doctors are working to help her regain the use of her hands. You can read the whole story at Mondays for Mendy. She is in good spirits so far, and I know she and her husband would appreciate your prayers.

Finally, I have a sweet friend I've only met online through our blogs. Her name is Kami Gimenez. She is a missionary wife and mother of six. Several months ago, Kami began having some serious health problems. She was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, but continued to have problems that couldn't be diagnosed. She finally had to return home to Florida to have tests run at the Mayo Clinic.  She has grown weaker during her stay in the States, and the most recent tests have suggested that Kami may have an aggressive form of lung cancer. Her husband, Patrick, and the other five children have joined her in Florida and will be there until they can get a definite diagnosis and treatment for Kami. Please pray for my friend and her family as they go through this time in their lives. You can read updates on their family blog, Gimenez Family Life. Kami has amazing faith in the Lord and what He's doing in her life - you will be blessed reading her personal blog!

I rarely post entries that contain a lot of prayer requests, but this week my heart is very burdened for these three situations. I hope you'll join me in praying for God to work in each one and bring glory and honor to His name! Thanks for reading!

Do you have anything on your heart this week? Feel free to share it with us so we can help you pray too!

4 comments:

  1. You've shared a great post...There seems to be so many heartaches and people suffering... and we can't really understand the "why"...but we have to absolutely put our faith in our Heavenly Father...of course, He loves and cares for all these people who are suffering even MORE than we do...so when we understand our Heavenly Father's love, we know that He hasn't neglected them; we just can't see the whole picture as He does. Our job as Christians, though, is to pray for those with suffering and burdens and to encourage them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for these in need of God's comfort and grace. May the Lord make me truly thankful for each day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Entered them into my Prayer Journal that I have recently started. Now I know why the Lord showed me the Prayer Journal. That way I can remember these important prayers.
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so many hurting people in this world. Praying that the Comforter will supply the grace for these you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin