Saturday, June 29, 2013

Stay Tuned . . .

Hi, everybody! I hope you're all having a great weekend. Do you have plans for the upcoming holiday week? We're having a church picnic on Monday, which is Canada Day.

The past two weeks just flew by with our guests from OK and our little visitor in house! She was loads of fun. She's not quite two years old, but she's incredibly mobile and verbal, so we had lots of laughs as she chattered non-stop. Wes has become Pappers (her attempt at Pastor), and I am Otches (Mrs. Hutchens). I'm glad she has finally begun to actually call us by name! She loves puckles (pickles), and she drinks lots of mulk (milk) and joosh (juice). Her favorite word seems to be peas (please), and she says it quite often, especially if you happen to have something to eat or if she sees something to eat, like when you open the fridge to get some otter (water).

We have some pictures of our church families on the front of the fridge, including her family. When she discovered the one of her family, she yelled, "Daddy!" Then she saw her mama, and she said, "Mama!" Then she spotted herself and called out, "You!" Obviously, in every picture of herself, she is told, "That's YOU!" So she thinks that cute baby is named You. I have laughed and laughed over that! It's just too cute!

I spent my mornings getting a little work done and a lot of managing Baby done. Afternoons, while she napped, were spent getting as much done as I could while she slept - and one nap! I was worn out that one day! Evenings were filled with bathtime and bedtime oatmeal, then prayers and tucking in. By then I was ready to be tucked in!

So now I come down to the real purpose of this post. I had originally scheduled my first newsletter to publish on Monday, July 1st. You've probably already guessed that I'm going to have to push that first one to later in the month; I'm going to shoot for July 15th. I'm so sorry to those of you who have subscribed already! It seems like I'm always planning things and then not getting them done! I hope you'll be a little more patient with me as I get this finished up in the next two weeks. And if you haven't subscribed and would like to, you can do that here or on the sidebar. I'd love to have you join in!

I have several posts in the making, along with the newsletter, and life is finally slowing down to a more normal pace again so I can devote more time to my computer. Thanks again for your patience so far this summer!

1 comment:

  1. Sunda like you've been a busy woman. Btw, what news letter? I'm gonna have to go back and find the post for that one. ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin