Wednesday in the Word: That Blessed Hope

sunrise
'Sunrise' by Sean MacEntee

"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;"
Titus 2:13

I read this poem this morning in my devotions, and it resonated in my heart.
Are you looking for the return of Jesus?

Just a-wearying for you,
Jesus, Lord, beloved and true;
Wishing for you, wondering when
You'll be coming back again,
Under all I say and do,
Just a-wearying for you.

Some glad day, all watching past,
You will come for me at last;
Then I'll see you, hear your voice,
Be with you, with you rejoice;
How the sweet hope thrills me through,
Sets me a-wearying for you.

Excerpted from Streams in the Desert
March 27

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Week of Modest Dress

Building An Effective Scripture Journal

Meet My Bible