Thursday, March 14, 2013

Eeek! Yes, I'm Still Here!

I got a text from Andrew last night that read, "I've been waiting on updates on your early to rise challenge but they're not coming." Busted! LOL

 

I'm not busted because I haven't been getting up early, though, because I have! And I love it! I've gotten up by 6:30 every weekday and on Sundays for all of March except for this past Tuesday. It just wasn't happening Tuesday. Period.

Each morning, I get up and stumble around till I get to the kitchen, where I eat a little bowl of yogurt to keep me from starving to death, and then I have a cup of tea or coffee while I have my devotions. I have loved having that quiet time early in the day. My only problem is enjoying it so much that I don't want to get up and start my day. As in going to exercise. I'll have to work on that.

The morning quiet time is the best part of getting up early, but I also love the feeling that my day is starting calmly, rather than already behind. I enjoy thinking about what I want to get done that day . . . and having plenty of time to do it. Wes and I are making our second bedroom into a guest room for Beth to use this summer - we have our permanent residence now, so she is legal to work in Canada - so my getting up earlier has allowed me to really focus on that room this week. I have plenty of time for my everyday housework too, and for my ministry responsibilities like teaching and music. For the most part, my days have been calmer and more productive. I like that!

I didn't have any trouble going to bed earlier the first week, but this week has been a challenge. I'm pretty sure it's because my body thinks it's only 9:00 at 10:00 and isn't ready to go to sleep yet. Hopefully it will adjust within a few more days and I'll be back on track with going to bed at a decent time. One night the first week I went to bed before 9:30, I was so tired!

So that's my update on the Early To Rise Challenge. Just for you, Andrew!

Have you been rising early? How's it going?

4 comments:

  1. Glad it's working for you! Hope you get the motivation to start the daily exercise as well. When I finally get over the "hump" of actually starting to work out, I always feel better and have more energy. Keep the updates coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that motivation is nowhere to be found first thing in the morning. It does show up in the shower, when I'm noticing that I really do need to work out! LOL I will go for my workout Monday, I promise!

      Delete
  2. Great job Susan! And thanks for the update, I was wondering too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! I'll try to keep the updates coming through the end of the month.

      Delete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin