Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Do You Swag?


I do! Have you seen Swagbucks mentioned here and there and wondered what all the fuss is about? My kids discovered Swagbucks way back before Andrew started college (and he's graduating this year), and Andrew and Beth each earned enough Swagbucks to buy themselves some things they wanted from Amazon.com. When I saw them getting things for free, I wanted in on the deal, but I had to wait till they both had left for college (some stuff about only one IP per day winning Swagbucks . . .) before I could get in on it.

So in the two years Beth has been away at school, I've been earning Swagbucks for myself, and I love it!

Search & Win

Here's how it works . . .

First, you sign up for a free account. You can do that through my link - more about that in a minute.

Once you join, you can immediately begin earning Swagbucks by doing things like searching the internet through the Swagbucks search tool, answering surveys, shopping online, and playing games. I earn most of mine through searching; I have the search toolbar on my browser, so it's easy to search without having to go to the site. I also answer the Daily Poll and do the No Obligation Special Offers for a couple of extra points per day. I've earned quite a few points answering surveys. Most of them take about 20 minutes, and I usually earn about 60 points per survey. Those are all the things I do. I tried playing games, but I didn't have time for that, and I don't do much online shopping, although that seems to be a great way to earn points. Just from the daily points, I can earn about 120 per month, not to mention the daily surveys.

Once you've earned enough Swagbucks for the prize you want, redeem your points. I always choose a $5.00 Amazon.com gift card, which is 450 points. Yes, it might take a while to build up that many points, but it's free money and it'll never expire. I've bought 4-6 books from Amazon with my Swagbucks (can't remember exactly - but it's about $60 worth). Beth bought a high-end hair straightener worth about $70 with hers - one $5 gift card at a time. And boy was there excitement at our house when it came! She also earned a Willow Tree figurine to give me as a gift. Those aren't cheap either. I've known of others who have bought things like Kitchen-Aid mixers and sewing machines with their Swagbucks through Amazon. So you can earn whatever you set your heart on! The more things you do, the faster the points add up, and it just takes a few minutes a day.

I mentioned that you can sign up through my referral link. When you do, all the points that you earn through search, up to 1,000, I will earn matching points. I didn't realize how this worked until I was looking at my account one day and realized I had more points than I remembered earning myself. I looked at my referrals, and one of them had earned several hundred bucks - and I was earning matching bucks! And you can do the same thing: sign up, begin earning, refer others, and earn from them. It's an almost unlimited way to keep earning, and everyone gets in on it!

There's nothing to lose. Signup is free. You can participate as much or as little as you want, and you have the potential to earn free money.

What would you buy with your Swagbucks?


2 comments:

  1. I do! :) I forgot until I read your post that I signed up under Andrew. That was a long time ago. I've kept track, and so far I've earned $460 in Amazon gift cards. My biggest purchases have been a KichenAid mixer, and a sand/water table for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I realized you signed up under Andrew! I knew someone had gotten a KitchenAid, but I couldn't remember if it was you or another bloggy friend. Amazing! I could have done that by now if I'd had the patience to let them build up. Every time I get $30 or so I see some books I want! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin