Friday, March 22, 2013

Checking In

Just checking in on my two challenges for March. I will be back to regular posting any time now! ;)

 

The Early To Rise Challenge with Money Saving Mom is going well! I love my morning quiet time with the Lord more and more. Wes and I have also decided to give ourselves a day off each week, because on the weekends we still have to get up early for ministry duties. We gave ourselves Thursday, because Wednesday night is past and Sunday is still a few days away, which are our two main ministry days. So on Thursday morning this week . . . we slept in! Gasp! And it was nice. We spent the day doing things we wanted to do rather than things we had to do, and we had a date Thursday night. Up till now, we've just taken a random day off here and there, but did you know that a day off is scriptural?! And if you are "self-employed" (as in you don't work for someone who tells you when you get a day off) and you don't plan a day off, it won't happen?! I told my husband that, and he agreed. So for the present, our day off is Thursday, and I will continue rising early the remaining days of the week. It's what works for us!

 

The 31 Day Organizational Challenge for I'm An Organizing Junkie doesn't look as pretty as it did last week! LOL This week I've been decluttering in the walk-through closet in this room, as well as my little office cabinet and my rolling organizer next to the sewing machine. The closet is the worst area by far, but it's coming along.

Left side of the closet

 Before
 After
Some of the things on this side of the closet are office supplies for our church, and they will have to stay. I'll be organizing them as best I can, but my husband has the final say on these!

Right side of the closet
Before
After
Still have a way to go on this side as well!

I'll be moving the chest of drawers out into the room later today, and I have two drawers in it completely empty for my daughter to use this summer. Moving the chest of drawers will give my daughter hanging space in the closet, which isn't available at the moment.

I have two organizer units, one in the closet and one in the sewing area. I've cleared out each drawer in them and assigned each one a purpose. I'll be making labels for them in the coming week. We dropped off at the thrift store several small bags of stuff we don't need or use, and we've listed online some things we think we might be able to sell. All this decluttering is good, but the not-pretty part of it is the piles of stuff that still need a home; they're scattered around the room waiting for me to create their new homes. After having it look so nice last week, I'm not liking the cluttered look at all! The deadline for the challenge is next Sunday, so I have just a touch over one week to get this finished. I'm fairly certain I'll get it done. Once again, thanks to Laura for hosting the challenge.

One week to go!

9 comments:

  1. This is coming along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nessa! I've done more since these pics were taken, and I'm very pleased with how it's looking. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Looking good! You will have hanging space in there soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I do have hanging space now. I did some more work in there yesterday and it's looking better!

      Delete
  3. You are doing great!

    I too am doing the Early to Rise challenge through Andy Traub's book and emails. This week I did manage to get up most mornings, except today. :(

    It is okay to sleep in once in a while. Good for you for all you are accomplishing. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've met several people doing both challenges this month! Are you enjoying getting up early? I used to vow I wasn't an early riser, but I'm beginning to really like it. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment, Ana! BTW, I have a niece named Ana! :)

      Delete
  4. Ugh...I hit something and my comment disappeared! Anyway, I think it is wise to have a day to sleep in as well as having a day off. As you said, it is scriptural. Most people that we've known that were in the ministry full time take Mondays off. But the day doesn't matter as long as it fits into your life and schedule. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when I hit something (usually don't know what, though) and everything disappears! I'm glad you came back and tried again. Yes, many, if not most, in full time ministry take Mondays off. We considered that, but Wes feels that some aspects of our ministry are best taken care of on Monday, so he'd rather make that a regular work day. Thursday is nice for us because it gives us a fresh start on Fridays to prepare for the weekend.

      Delete
  5. Hang in there! We're almost done with both of these rigorous challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin