Saturday, February 09, 2013

What We've Been Doing

We've had an unusual weekend for us. Since Wednesday night, we've had our youth director's little girl with us so they could go on a teen trip. She's a treat, let me tell you. 

This is what it's been like at our house . . . 

Little girl giggles
Cheesy grins
Hugs & kisses

Babies   
Guess-what-word-I'm-saying games
Peek-a-boo
Hugs around the knees

Tiny dinner companion
Long baths
Tiny-tooth brushing
Naps (not just for her!)


Stroller
Car seat
A familiar place to sleep

Sippy cup
Goldfish crackers
Milk
McDonald's (Shhh! Don't tell Mommy!)

Books
Little girl dresses
Hairbows
Sitting on laps

I had forgotten how much time little ones take. I also realized I'm much more patient now than I was 20 years ago (that makes me feel bad). I've realized that it's not the end of the world if it takes 30 minutes to unload the dishwasher because Somebody wants to "help" me. I've enjoyed having a companion for everything I'm doing. And her words! Oh my, they are entertaining!

Try these:

appo (apple)
pipo (diaper)
bibo (Bible)
bu (book)
nana (banana)
jacko (jacket)
soo (shoe)
bawl (ball)

Of course, she can also tell me what she's done when she doesn't smell so nice! ;)

It's pure joy to see her come running full tilt to give me a hug around the knees.

And climbing up in my lap and wrapping her arms around my neck? Be still my heart!

We'll hand her back over to her parents tomorrow, but we sure have enjoyed our little house guest this weekend!

What did you do this weekend?

10 comments:

  1. Oh Susan I've enjoyed your blog. LOVED all the wedding photos! I told my girls about the bride giving her Dad the purity ring. They loved the idea and it's a blessing to them to hear of other young ladies that have made that commitment and have stuck with it.
    I love this post too and seeing all the little girl stuff. Have fun my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kami, tell your girls (and your boys!) that other young people are keeping this promise of purity and not to let anyone talk them out of it! It's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like my everyday! So fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This WAS my every day 20 years ago! LOL It went by really fast, though, so enjoy yours!

      Delete
  4. It's been a long while since I've been around little ones much...I'm woefully out of practice! But hopefully some day I'll get to get back in gear when grandkids come along.

    We spent Saturday cleaning out my m-i-l's room. After she got out of the hospital she had to go to a skilled nursing facility, and her room is maybe a fourth of the size of what she had. We mainly just took clothes and pictures to her new place and packed up her other stuff and brought it home.

    Long day, but pizza and a funny movie (Despicable Me) ended it nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking about your mil this weekend! I hope she can settle in nicely in her new room and that everything will work out well in this new facility. Seems like you've all been through so much with her care!

      Glad your day ended so nicely! My husband and kids love that movie, but I have a hard time getting into it! ;)

      Delete
  5. Hi Susan, Oh my! I'm just not sure I'd have enough energy for the weekend you just had! I remember when my grandson was just a few months old, and I was allowed to give him a kitchen sink bath. I couldn't remember anything! I had no clue what to do, and I was so afraid I would drop him! I'm sure if I had grandchildren around me all the time I'd get used to it--and would love it!--but that was an eye-opener for me! Glad you survived it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the energy flagged by naptime and then again by bedtime! LOL Her energy didn't, though; when she gets tired, she gets more active in an effort to stay awake. When it's been so long since you've had littles in your house, it does take a little time to remember all the little things you used to do. The good thing is that the little girl still loves me even after spending 4 nights at my house! :)

      Delete
  6. I miss that so much. Their little years pass so fast.
    BTW, congrats on the marriage. I'm gonna go back and take a look see at the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've come to the point that I enjoy having little ones around for a time, but I don't miss having them 24/7 of my own. You're right, though; the years do go by so fast, and if you blink, you'll miss something!

      Delete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin