Thursday, February 28, 2013

Up For a Challenge?



Are you up for a challenge? Crystal at Money Saving Mom is beginning the Early To Rise Challenge on her blog tomorrow, March 1st. Can you believe it's March already?!

I'm not an early riser. I have tried so many times to become one, only to fall back into my old habits after just a few days. The weird thing is, I like to be up early. I like the stillness, the sense that the day stretches out before me and I have plenty of time, the feeling of accomplishment when I look at the clock and it's still early even after I've gotten a lot done . . . I just like it. But I don't like that pesky getting-up part!

So I'm joining the challenge. Every weekday during the month of March, my goal is to get up at 6:30. I know that's not early for many of you, but it's at least half an hour earlier - and honestly, most of the time an hour and a half earlier - than I usually rise. And my wake-up times are pretty inconsistent, mainly because my bedtimes are inconsistent. So I want to use this month of rising early to set up some new routines that I believe will be beneficial for me.

Crystal will be posting every day about her results in rising early. I won't post about it every day, but I'll post updates occasionally throughout the month. She's also reading through Andy Traub's ebook, Early To Rise: Learn To Rise Early in 30 Days, each day of the month. I ordered my copy this morning. It's $4.99 for the Kindle through Friday. The thing that convinced me to get the book and join the challenge is that the author said the same thing I did about rising early: he hates to get up early, but he loves to be up early. That rang a bell for me!


So there it is, if you'd like to join in. Or you can just watch from the sidelines and cheer me on as I pull my lazy self out of the bed at 6:30 every morning!

7 comments:

  1. I'll be cheering you on, Susan! (But I don't think I myself will be rising any earlier than my usual 4:45!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for cheering me on, but are you sure you don't need to get up any earlier??? ;)

      Delete
  2. Okay Susan, I'm with you. Obviously I can't do it today since its already 11:18 am but I'm up for it the rest of the month. What is good about the book, is it worth my $5?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to have you join in, Tori! You can download a sample of the book at the link above to see if you want to order it. It's very motivational - the author is pretty up-front and honest about why we don't get up and get going. The book also includes links to download the audio version as well as a signup to receive the daily daily via email. And you can do it again if the first month bombs! ;) It all depends on whether or not you want to spend that $5.00, which is a really reasonable price for any book.

      Delete
  3. I already rise early, 5:30 - 6:30 everyday. I have five children, so I do it to survive. And I like it. :) After a while, you don't even need an alarm clock. lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandmother never used an alarm clock, and she rose early all her life. Totally amazed me!

      Delete
  4. Hi Susan,
    I'm so glad I found your blog. I've enjoyed reading your post and I look forward to reading more.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin