Monday, February 18, 2013

So Spoiled Last Week!

I was thinking over last week over the weekend and realized I got totally spoiled! That doesn't happen too often, or I'd be impossible to live with. Here are the things I enjoyed last week.

Visiting with friends. On Sunday, I went with a friend from church to visit a lady we're trying to disciple. It was fun to chat and have coffee together with a newly saved lady! On Monday, we went to the home of one of our members who lives way (way) out in the country. Every year, usually on New Year's Day, they invite us all out to their place to play in the snow. This New Year's Day, everyone was sick (it's been a horrible winter for sickness here!), so we put it off till this week. The men and kids and a few ladies played in the snow and roasted hot dogs, while the rest of us ladies and a few kids stayed inside and played Scrabble. My hubby took me out for barbecue that evening, which meant I didn't cook at all on Tuesday. He even roasted my hot dog out in the country! Then on Tuesday, another friend took me to lunch! What fun! People charge me up, so I was quite charged up this week! ;)

Valentine's Day. This day was set apart above the others this week! My Honey began the day by telling me to lounge in bed while he fixed breakfast. We both had errands to run in the early afternoon, and when I came home, I found these flowers waiting for me, accompanied by a little bag of chocolate from Sandrine Pastries, a French bakery where I had my slice of birthday cake last year. The chocolate is no-sugar-added, and it's the best I've ever had! 


Valentine's night, he took me out to eat - again - this time to a fancy restaurant. We had an appetizer, entree, and dessert - the whole nine yards! We kind of waddled out of the restaurant, which wasn't so elegant, I guess, coming out of such a fancy place. It was delicious, but it's a once-a-year or less kind of place. They gave us a couple of heart-shaped shortbread cookies as we left, sort of their thanks for eating with them. Attached to the cookies was a little tag with the promise of a free lobster tail with any entree when we return. The expiration date is March 31 of this year. Ummmm . . . we won't be going back quite that soon! LOL

Sunshine. Although we don't get much rain or snow here, it does stay cloudy most of the winter. That makes for many gray days, so when the sun shines, it's a glorious day! We've had several partially sunny days this week, and those days have really been a blessing!

Shopping. Yes, I am spoiled in that I have money to shop! My husband gives me an allowance each month, and I do buy little things here and there, but this month I actually found a nice sale at the fabric shop, so I bought some fabrics to make a few grocery bags, and some fun, bright fat quarters.


With the fat quarters, I made this top for a pillow last night from this tutorial at Lovely Little Handmades. It was very simple to make, so it was a quick return on the time I spent cutting the pieces. I'll quilt and back it this week. I just fell in love with that heart!

I don't expect to be quite so spoiled this week, but when you think about it, we're all pretty much spoiled by the Lord, aren't we? We have so much more grace and mercy from Him than we deserve! I hope you're having a good week!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely week! Good to know about the no sugar added candy. We've had way too much sugar in the house since valentine's Day.

    Love that little heart! I am not great at piecing, but may look into that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The piecing on this heart is very, very easy - all straight lines and it goes together very logically. I know you could do it!

      Delete
  2. What fun to read about your week! The heart design is beautiful and I love the bright springlike colors. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so ready for spring! I went out the door this evening and it was snowing - waaaahhhhh!

      Delete
  3. Well, that was a FUN post to read about all your special times! Yum! Love your flowers and heart, too! And...was delighted to read that being with people charges you up! That's ME! When I tell my sister all i have going and who I'm meeting with, etc., she says I tire her out...she needs to be away from people to recharge. I'm so opposite! Susan, I think we're more kindred spirits than we realize! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are great kindred spirits, Deb! Don't you think we need to get together and see just how much?! Doesn't your sister teach college classes? That would probably make me less of a people-person!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a lovely week. I love your pieced heart, so Springy. You're right, the Lord spoils us all and we're so blessed. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in love with those colors, too, Tori! Have a great week yourself! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Susan,
    How are you guys? Are you gearing up for spring? It's been warm here...10 above:). We have it pretty mild for Alberta weather.

    I've been thinking about you lately. I am shopping at an online company that has some great products to help balance blood sugar. The one that I'm using right now is a shake that you can take in the mid-morning and afternoon, to help balance sugar levels. I do not have diabetes, but feel sick if I eat sugar and get sick if I don't eat regularly. There seems to be great success with diabetics that have used it. They also have a product that helps with circulation, called CV. They also have great vitamins...we have noticed a big difference in our energy levels as we have taken them.
    Have you heard of Melaleuca? They have over 350 products that we buy every day...Toxic-free cleaners, laundry powder,toothpaste, shampoo, make-up and facial cleansers, and lots of other things. you have been on my mind, and I was just wondering if the diabetic stuff would be a blessing to you? If this is something that can help you, let me know and I can show you more via the Internet:)
    Love and Prayers,
    Kristy

    Sent from my iPad

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin