Monday, January 28, 2013

We're Home!

It's been a month since I last posted here! I'm so sorry! I was sick the last two weeks we were home, and we left 3 weeks ago today. We got home last Wednesday evening, but we hit the ground running: our Winter Revival started Thursday night and lasted through last night (Sunday). When it was over, Wes and I just collapsed. I don't think we've ever been so exhausted in our lives! Today we've taken it easy, just relaxing at home.

The wedding was absolutely beautiful! I promise I will have some pictures for you soon. I can't share the professional pictures because of copyright, but there are quite a few that were taken by friends and family that I plan to capture and ask permission to use on my blog and Facebook. Samuel was so calm through the whole thing, and the looks on their faces during and after the wedding were priceless. The wedding was very well planned by Juliana and her mother, and there were many ways Sam and Juliana made it personal. They honeymooned in Colorado, and are now back home in Lancaster, CA, and beginning their new life together.

We visited tons of family and friends in the week after the wedding, shopped till we dropped, and traveled thousands of miles. It was a whirlwind trip, for sure, but I'm so glad we got to see everyone and do all the little things we wanted to. The Lord even blessed as we re-entered Canada. I had itemized everything we'd bought, had all my totals ready (we were allowed a large value of goods coming back because we were gone for so long), but the guard just asked if we were over our limit - and that was it!

I plan to get back to blogging this week. I've missed reading your blogs and updating you during our trip. We stayed mostly in church mission apartments, which meant no internet access in most places. When we did have it, we were either with family or in a hotel late at night and I just didn't have the time to be online very much. I'm looking forward to showing you pictures and telling about some of our adventures!

10 comments:

  1. Glad you are back. I'm looking forward to your blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nikki! Hopefully I can keep up.

      Delete
  2. Welcome home! I'm so glad you all had a good time and safe travels! :) Looking forward to the pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to see some wedding pics!

    It sounds like your life has been a whirl-wind this past month! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made that statement several times! LOL

      Delete
  4. So happy you are back safe, Susan! I've been praying for you. I didn't realize just how quickly you would have to jump back into intensive ministry on your return, or I would have been praying more fervently about that. Thankfully, the Lord always knows what we need and He did give you the necessary strength for the revival. Can't wait to hear all of your news from the trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit crazy for me last week, I have to admit. Thank you for praying for me!

      Delete
  5. Sounds very good but very exhausting! Glad you had a day to rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin