Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Thank you all for your warm Christmas wishes yesterday! I was looking forward to a nice day of opening gifts with Wes, talking to my children and parents on Skype, and then going to some friends' home to enjoy a holiday dinner with several other families.

Then I cam down with the flu! I've been in bed since about 10:00 Christmas morning (not too long after I'd gotten up!) with fever, chills, aches, and a roaring headache. This one really hurts. I've heard that the flu is bad this year, so I'm just taking it a day at a time.

Several things I'm thankful for:

~ None of the children were here to be exposed to it and possibly get sick before the wedding.
~ I don't get this sick very often.
~ Although we had a busy schedule planned for this week, everything is something that I don't absolutely have to there or something that can be rescheduled.
~ An understanding and patient husband who is not only taking care of me, but also some of my responsibilities, such as baking cupcakes for a party for the bus children.
~ A warm bath!

Hopefully I'll be back up to par before too many days. Stay well!


10 comments:

  1. Oh, Susan! I am so sorry you are so sick! I will continue to pray for you and hope that you will feel better very soon. You're right, though -- there is so much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mrs. T! I am feeling a bit better today. I can at least get out of bed, although I find myself needing to rest after just a few minutes of being up.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear! So sorry you had such a miserable day! Hope you get to feeling better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling a bit better today, but definitely not back up to speed yet. I think the Lord uses sickness to get us to rest without feeling guilty! LOL

      Delete
  3. We think Jim had the flu he felt about the worst he has ever felt. By the time he went to the doctor (he had waited because he felt it would just have to run its course) he was diagnosed with bronchitis and told he didn't have the flu. But we think maybe he was just over it by then. Hope you're feeling better asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple of people I know have had bronchitis when they thought they had the flu. I don't think mine is that serious, but I'm still taking it easy. I'm thankful I don't have anything to do until Sunday, so I'm hoping I'll be pretty much recovered by then.

      Delete
  4. Get better soon, Susan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that you feel better soon! It's been through 3 of us, and had the Senior's Lodge shut down last Sunday night when we went for service. Nasty stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless your heart! My husband and I were married on January 2nd, and I remember the immense stress we had in preparing for Christmas and a wedding. I'm praying for your speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, I'm seeing your post two days late. My sister just left for SC with Granny, so I'm catching up on blogs now that they're gone. Sooooo sorry that you've been sick. I surely hope by now that you're feeling much better and will be ready for the New Year! (Were Wes's cupcakes good?)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin