Saturday, December 29, 2012

Back in the Land of the Living

Get Well Flowers
Get Well Flowers by audreyjm529


Hi! It's me! I'm alive!

For about 48 hours this week, I was mostly dead. Or at least it felt like it.

Christmas morning, a fever and headache hit me head-on. I went to bed and didn't get up again till Thursday morning.

On Thursday morning, I felt fairly good when I woke up. My mind felt clearer, and I could get out of the bed without having to steady myself first. So I went and took a shower. By the time that was finished I was whipped again. So Thursday, even though I felt better, was spent on the couch still resting. Friday was a little better, and today has been good.

As the week wore on, we realized that every family in our church had at least one member sick. We believe in sharing around here! Hopefully everyone will be recovered enough to attend church tomorrow and be on the road to recovery.

As for me, I feel pretty good, but I have a lingering cough and my sinuses are a little iffy. I'm a little worried I might be developing a sinus infection. I wouldn't worry if we weren't leaving for a trip in a little over a week. So continued prayer would be appreciated that this would clear up quickly.

So far Wes has not gotten the flu. He's taking ColdFX, similar to Airborne, to try and head it off. Please pray that he won't get sick!

Thank you all so much for your prayers this week!

10 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. I woke up about 3 am Christmas morning with the stomach flu. I also had a pretty yucky cold. The tummy bug is gone but the cold is still kicking! BLAH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! The stomach flu is my worst nightmare! I'm glad you're doing better - take care!

      Delete
  2. Praying for you, and thankful you're doing better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are better, but sorry your Christmas was spent being sick! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Debbie! This was the first time I've ever been sick on Christmas. I can't say it was the worst thing that ever happened, but it was disappointing. Stay well!

      Delete
  4. Glad you're feeling better. Hoping and praying Wes doesn't get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's still taking ColdFX. He has developed some congestion, but nothing major yet. We're both praying we'll be well by next Monday, when we begin traveling. Thank you for praying!

      Delete
  5. Such good news, Susan! Glad you are better! I will remember to pray this week that Wes will stay well and that you will continue to gain back strength. i pray that the wedding plans will go smoothly and you will have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb! I'm having a hard time believing the wedding is next week!

      Delete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin