Friday, October 26, 2012

Exciting News!

A few weeks ago, my Curves had a fundraiser for cancer awareness, and I donated some items from my shop. When I walked in with my little tags and cards, the owner went nuts - she loved them! So she bought a couple of things, then asked if I would like to set up a table one day and sell some of my stuff. Ummm . . . yes, please!

So I chose November 19th as the day for my one-woman craft fair at Curves. Mondays are busy days for exercise, it seems, so that's the day Peggy suggested. Now I'm working frantically to get things made for this sale. For my online shop, I make a sample of each design, take pictures of it, and post the listing. When someone orders that design, I just make their items after they order them. For this sale, I'm going to have to have multiples of everything I want to sell. The good thing is that I'll have a good inventory of any things that don't sell at Curves!

Here are a few new things in my shop recently:

Vintage Style Topiary Place Cards

Vintage Wedding Place Cards

Mini Heart Banner - these hearts are just 2 3/4" wide - I'm in love!
Victorian Girl Gift Card Holder

Warm Holiday Wishes Gift Card Holder

Another variation of the gift card holder above
Mini notecards - each one is 3"x3" - these cards are the items that  my Curves owner fell in love with
I'm so excited to be selling my things locally! One of my friends sells primitive dolls on consignment to a local gift shop, and the owner there is interested in seeing my work too. I'll be sure to take pictures of my table to share with you, and hopefully I can report an amount of sales to at least cover the cost of my supplies! ;) I'm borrowing the money from myself, out of the fund I started to get a new sewing machine. I want to be able to put that money back! LOL

7 comments:

  1. How exciting! I hope your sale does well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! These are lovely! Hope you sell lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Barbara and Tammy! I'm hoping there will be a good response!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat! The card are beautiful...love'em:). Praying you do we'll, and are able to put a little extra in that fund,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristy! I hope I can at least put back what I took out, 'cause it's looking a little emtpy in there right now! ;)

      Delete
  5. Good for you! It's always so encouraging when others are excited about your products. I hope you sell lots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everything goes well. Your creations are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin