Saturday, September 15, 2012

Quick Baby Quilt



I made a quick little quilt this week for The Baby that was born to our youth director and his wife last year. She turned 1 year old (already!) this week. I'd had this little panel and piece of backing since before she was born, waiting for just the right time to make it for her. When she was born, I had wanted to do a pieced quilt with designer fabrics and finish it with some free-motion quilting, but I couldn't do that last year. So a few weeks ago, I got the pieces back out and decided to just put together a quick little quilt and give it to her for her birthday.

All I did was quilt the middle section of the panel on a diamond-shaped grid, then outlined the bands of solid color surrounding the middle panel. Then I added a solid pink binding and I was done! It made a cute little quilt that she can drag around and snuggle with, and it didn't cost much at all, so her mama can let her enjoy it!


8 comments:

  1. Very cute! The quick *finished* projects make more impact than a pile of pretty fabric. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have a point there, Tammy! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara! I thought it turned out cute.

      Delete
  3. So sweet, Susan! I am sure she enjoys the quilt much more now than she would have as a newborn. It's always fun to make a dent in one's stash like this and cross another project off the list. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did feel good to get something started - and finished! The baby was more interested in the gift bag and tissue paper than she was the quilt, but I'm sure it will grow on her! LOL

      Delete
  4. That's adorable! Very cuddly and snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! It did me good to do something simple and quick to finish!

      Delete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin