Saturday, July 14, 2012

Life on Fast Forward

It seems like life is flying by right now! We are staying busy, and I'm finding that my time for writing here on the blog is always being pushed to the bottom of my list. I feel bad about that, but it's just the way things are right now.



Sam and Juliana have set their wedding date: January 11, 2013! I've been looking online for a mother's dress. There don't seem to be a lot of them that are modest and age-appropriate. Beth heard from Juliana that she's pretty sure she's found her bridesmaids' dresses - and they are completely modest without having to be altered! It's been so fun looking at wedding-related things; I just love the preparation and excitement of it all. The photo below is from their official engagement photos, taken by their friend Humberto Ontiveros. You can see his album of their pictures on Facebook.

This is my one of my favorites of Sam & Juliana's engagement session. Photo by Humberto Ontiveros Photography.

 Andrew and Beth arrived on Wednesday for their visit. Andrew will stay for two weeks, but Beth will get to stay for four weeks, thanks to the Canadian government! Actually, the Lord worked out the timing so well for us. We submitted our permanent residence paperwork about a year ago. The last step in that process is to send in our passports, which means that Beth can't travel internationally until hers gets back. It just so happened that the 30-day window for sending them in fell right in the middle of her visit here. We made arrangements for our passports to be sent back quickly, so we're trusting that they will be back in time for her return trip to Lancaster in August. I'm thankful that the timing worked out with the government, but I'm even more thankful that I get an extra two weeks with my girl!

I sure do enjoy blogging, but I'm thinking it's best if I take an indefinite break from it for the foreseeable future. I will continue to post on my ByGrace Facebook page, as those updates are short and to-the-point. I will miss blogging, but one of the most important things I've learned about it is that real life takes precedence over the blog . . . and we have our hands full of real life at the present!

Have a safe and happy summer!



4 comments:

  1. I appreciate your updates! Many many congratulations on the engagement of your son! I'm so happy for you all. It really blesses my heart to see how God is moving in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Susan! My anniversary is January 2nd, so I love the idea of a winter wedding! :) I'm in the same place with my blog, too. Real life just gets in the way sometimes! :) Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll miss keeping up with you this way:). Totally understand real life...that's why Canadian Chronicles is behind:). Excited for your family and the days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan! Enjoyed the album of photos. We just returned from a long TX trip (conference and family vacation)...so I'm at the library catching up on blogs on fast-speed. Will miss hearing from you all summer, but I hope all the wedding details go well and that the rest of your summer goes well. If there's anything really important you put on facebook...hop over the blog and do a quickie post so I'll know what's happening! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin