Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Happy Independence Day!

 Our Flag
Photo by seanmcmenemy

Thirty-two years ago, I sat in a patriotic service listening to a well-known evangelist. I was 15 years old, and the evangelist was emphasizing the importance of my generation committing to live for Christ in the coming years for the sake of future generations. I remember kneeling at the altar at the end of the service and praying for my future children and their children, praying that the nation I had known as a girl would still be free for them.

 Toast to the Flag
Photo by etherealwings09

Today, on the birthday of my country, I still pray that my children will continue to know the freedoms I enjoyed as a girl and young woman, and I pray even more that my yet-unborn grandchildren will know those freedoms.

Project 365: July 4
Photo by Maia C

Although sin is rampant, our freedoms are being whittled away, and God has been mostly forgotten in America, I still love her and thank God for my homeland! I hope that your Independence Day was filled with fun and celebration, but let's take a moment to pray for our country and to recommit ourselves to living for Christ.

Flag on the 4th | 185/365
Photo by mfhiatt

For our children's sake.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
II Chronicles 7:14

1 comment:

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin