Friday, June 01, 2012

I've Been Away . . .

Shuswaps, BC - View
We enjoyed a view similar to this for the past few days! Photo by plusgood

Hopefully I'm back for a while now! Wes, Samuel, and I went to the lake for a few days this week. The parents of friends of ours own a cabin on Shuswap Lake, about 2 hours from here, that they so generously allowed us to use. The cabin was literally ON the lake; the water lapped against the steps of the deck! Sam and his friend, Jerrod, fished right off the deck. The deck had a couple of swings and picnic tables and several chairs, so we spent a good deal of time out there - even though it was still chilly enough that I needed a jacket most of the time. I now regret that I didn't take any pictures. Honestly, pictures were the farthest thing from my mind. We've had such a busy month that all I wanted to do was sleep, swing, and read. I never once picked up my camera! If we ever go back, I promise I'll take some pictures from that deck - it was amazing!

Sam left yesterday. Jerrod had come up from the Vancouver area for the sole purpose of driving Sam back to Vancouver on Thursday. Sam's now on his way to Pittsburgh for a week to record some music of another college friend who has written and arranged a CD's worth of songs. This young man works for Pastor Kurt Skelly, whose church is producing the CDs. After a quick week in Pittsburgh, Sam will join his summer tour group. He's so excited about life right now! He will be a busy young man between now and December, when he plans to get married.

Thank you all for your comments on Sam's engagement story. It's been an exciting time in our lives to watch our eldest finish college and choose his life's mate, and now we're looking forward to settling into our busy summer, which includes a short visit from Andrew and Beth in July. We have a youth conference to attend in June, Vacation Bible School in July, Family Camp in August, and our church's 20th Anniversary in September! It's exciting and lots of work. I do have a couple more weeks away from home later in June, but after that I'll be at home, for which I'm very grateful. Traveling isn't all the fun it used to be!

6 comments:

  1. So good to see you back, Susan! That lake looks absolutely wonderful! God is so good to give us refreshing times away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great time, Mrs. T!! We enjoyed the down time so much, but it is nice to get back home and back to normal life.

      Delete
  2. It looks lovely! I'm glad you had some R&R time before the busy summer. You may need some again afterward, LOL! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! :) It's going to be a crazy summer, but after June is over, I don't have to leave again till August. I'm so tired of traveling!

      Delete
  3. Oooh, Susan, I would love to have been with you! Beautiful scenery. But...it sounds like you like to relax on your vacations...sleep, swing, read. LOL! I'm just the opposite--let's get out and do stuff! Go places! Take pictures of the memories! LOL! So maybe you wouldn't have wanted me around messing up your relaxation after all. Glad you had a wonderful R&R time away...sounds like your summer is planned and very busy! Say hello to Beth when she gets to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I'm sure we could reach a happy medium in there somewhere! So when are ya coming up? ;)

      Delete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin