Thursday, April 12, 2012

Getting Ready

Our little church auditorium from the platform

It's been a busy week, and next week will be busy too.

We're getting ready for Missions Conference!

Wes and I spent Monday afternoon hanging flags and a banner at the church.

I ironed (this is the provincial flag of British Columbia) . . . 


And Wes hung (I hope you recognize that as the Canadian flag!).

Then he took me out to claim my FREE Red Robin birthday burger! Tomorrow's the Big Day, but the RR coupon can be used a week on either side of your birthday.

The Man with The Money

Having a yam fry . . .

Missions Conference begins Saturday night with an international tasting. Not a banquet, but a sampling from four different countries, with some fellowship mixed in.

I'll be back!

9 comments:

  1. I was looking forward to seeing the banner.... I know how much work is involved in getting ready for Missions Conference. I love it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have a picture of the banner! I actually meant to include it in this post, but forgot to. It'll be in one of my posts next week, as I plan to blog about the conference.

      Delete
  2. Love Red Robin! ;-)

    Your church is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we love it too! My husband really likes their burgers.

      Thanks for the compliment on our church. We rent it from another church and share the building with them, so we are limited in what we can do in decorating and fixing it up. It's a very old building!

      Delete
  3. The tasting sounds like a great idea -- less involved and stressful than a meal but still fellowship and opoortunities to try a bit of different things.

    Happy Birthday Eve! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tasting was my husband's idea, gleaned from our church in Texas. We don't have enough people to really do a big dinner, so the samples will be easier on our ladies.

      Thanks for the bday wishes! :) I really enjoy my birthday, almost as much as I did when I was a kid!

      Delete
  4. Happy, Happy Birthday, Susan !!!!!!! Enjoy every Friday the 13th minute of it!!!! (just kidding....but have a wonderful day!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb! I had a wonderful birthday. My Honey spoiled me rotten! ;)

      Delete
  5. nice post thanks for sharing looking for to visit more blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin