Monday, April 30, 2012

Break Time!

Taking a break
Photo by Doug McAbee

I feel about like this squirrel! We've just come through a busy month, and another one is coming up. It's time to take a blogging break for a couple of weeks. Wes and I are taking a personal break this week, and I have a Mother/Daughter Brunch coming up next Saturday, the 12th. I've been so busy with other events that I have only planned the brunch. I don't have any decorations made or bought and my thoughts are still muddled on things like favors and door prizes and such. I'm beginning to get that terrified feeling that comes when a deadline is looming and I don't feel prepared for it!

One thing I don't have to worry about is speaking; my mother-in-law will be here that weekend and will be speaking for us! I am so excited that she will be with us! She's been married almost 48 years, been a mother for almost 47 of those years, is the mother of five, and has been a missionary wife for 30 years. She is just full of practical, down-to-earth knowledge (unlike her eldest daughter-in-law!), and I believe she will do an excellent job of teaching about inward beauty, taken from Psalm 45:13 - "The king's daughter is all glorious within . . ."

So Wes's mom & dad will be arriving on the 10th for a week-long visit, the brunch is on the 12th, aannnnnddddd . . . Sam is arriving on the 12th to spend 3 weeks at home before he starts his summer tour! Now, I am beyond excited about having my eldest boy home for 3 whole weeks, so I want to spend lots of time with him. We'll be taking a little family time away while he's here, too, including a day at a pastors' conference in eastern BC near the end of May.

As you can see, the next few weeks are jam-packed with real-life things. Someone has said that there's no need to blog about life if we're not living life. There are many good things I want to fully live in the next few weeks, and I'm sure you'll understand if I don't blog very often while I'm doing that. I will update the ByGrace Facebook page every couple of days, if you'd like to join me there, and there's always the chance I'll pop in to give you some news here on the blog if it's something that just can't wait!

I'll see you in a week or two!


4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful time! We had that verse as our theme one year for a ladies' banquet. For the centerpieces different ladies made simple small square pillows out of a shiny, satinly-looking fabric and used gold cord and tassels, then placed a tiara (just a cheap, child's party favor one) on the center. The hard thing about decorations for that theme is that it's easy to get little-girlish-princessy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll miss you, Susan, but do totally understand! Enjoy every moment of your time with your in-laws and son!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad that I'm gonna miss you...see blog for details. My husband said he is looking forward to meeting you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your break and have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin