Monday, April 23, 2012

April Fitness Challenge: Week 3

I just realized I didn't write anything else last week after the check-in for Week 2! It was such a busy week, and I was fighting a sore throat/cold . . . and it won at the end of the week. I think I'm on the upswing now, just in time for another busy week! I'm going to a ladies' retreat in Vancouver at the end of the week, and I have plenty of things to keep me busy until I leave on Thursday.

So . . . how did you do last week? I have come to the conclusion that I have very little self-discipline when it comes to eating! I didn't meet my goals this week for eating fruits and veggies, nor for drinking water. The one goal I met was to exercise 3 times.

Here were my goals from last week; how I did is in red.

1. Exercise 3 days (another busy week coming up, so I'm trying to be realistic). I did this!
2. Drink 6 glasses of water per day. I did not drink nearly enough water, and I can tell the difference. Most days I drank one of my bottles of water, which is equivalent to 3 cups, but didn't drink 2 bottles like I'd planned.
3. Eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables each day. I am amazed at how hard this is! All I really need to do is add a salad at lunch and fix an extra veggie at supper. Fruit is no problem.
4. Go to bed by 10:30 each night. This was harder last week, even after having success the week before. I did get to bed before 10:30 a couple of nights.


This week's goals are few and simple:


1. Eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables each day.
2. Go to bed by 10:30 each night (except Friday night, when I'll be at the ladies' retreat!).
3. Exercise 3 days.


Tell us in the comments how you did last week. 
Has this been a help to you?

3 comments:

  1. It's better this week, but not 100%. I am going to try for 100% this last week of April!

    Goals:Exercise at least 1 to 2 times this week. 3 long, tuff, but beautiful walks this week.
    Drink 2 bottles of water a day. Accomplished this!
    One dessert per day. Sad to say, but was not able to even handle just one a day.
    Rest when I need it. Check.

    New Goals:
    Goals:Exercise at least 3 to 4 times this week.
    Drink 3 bottles of water a day.
    Dessert only on Sat-Sun
    Fix healthy meals 5 days this week.
    Eat 1 serving of fruit each day.

    I hope this will get me back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you did pretty good, Cheryl! Praying you do well this week! Thanks for participating in the Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were away part of the week, so I didn't really set any goals for this week or pay too much attention to last week's. One thing I did keep up with on vacation was drinking water, and I think I did meet my goal of getting to bed by 9:45 most nights. I did manage to get quite a bit of exercise, too. We fit in quite a bit of walking around the rain showers. I think I will set just a couple of goals for the remainder of this week:

    1) Keep up the water intake.
    2) Try and walk or get some other exercise each day.

    I'll start over again with you next Monday!

    And yes, I am finding this very helpful. I appreciate your doing this, as it really helps me with setting and meeting goals.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin