Monday, April 16, 2012

April Fitness Challenge: Week 2


Scales 
Photo by chrisinplymouth

I hate to admit it, but this week was, in my children's words, an epic fail!

Here were my goals for the week; my report on each goal is in red.

1. Exercise 5 days. I only exercised my 3 days at Curves . . . but at least I got in 3 days!
2. Drink 6 glasses of water per day. Not even close. Not even one day.
3. Eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables each day. This one was an epic fail too.
4. Check my blood sugar 3 times a day. Nope. Once a day was about it. I need to check at least twice a day, so I can have some idea of what's happening in my sweet little world each day.
5. Go to bed by 10:30 each night. This was my one success this week! We were in bed by 10:30 every night except Friday, and even then it was only about 10:45 when we got to bed. We both like going to bed earlier. It's much more relaxed than stumbling to bed when we just can't keep our eyes open any longer!


Ok. It's a new week, so let's reset those goals!


1. Exercise 3 days (another busy week coming up, so I'm trying to be realistic).
2. Drink 6 glasses of water per day. I really do feel better when I have plenty of water.
3. Eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables each day. This helps me feel better too.
4. Go to bed by 10:30 each night. 


Because it's a busy week, I've simply repeated my goals from last week, except for testing my blood sugar. Our unusual schedule will make this not such a good week to try to establish that habit right now.


So how did you do this week? 
Let us know in the comments or on your blog how you're doing!

4 comments:

  1. Well, I actually had a fairly decent week this time with my fitness goals. I think it may be more of a help to keep them in a separate place like this, although I do incorporate some of them in with my regular weekly goals which I post on my blog. And I must admit that I too have weeks which are "epic fails" -- hadn't heard that term before, but it sure is descriptive!

    But this week things went quite well:
    1) Kept up with the Body Clutter Investigator 7 days!
    2) Didn't get 64 ounces of water any day, but I have increased my water intake quite a bit.
    3) Exercised 5 times.
    4) Got in bed by 10 pm 6 nights out of 7.

    I am really quite pleased with how things went this week. The coming week may be more of a challenge since we are heading out Friday for a 4-day weekend getaway. Still, I am setting goals:

    1) Keep up with Body Clutter Investigator.
    2) Try to drink 64 ounces water each day.
    3) Exercise 4 to 5 times.
    4) Be in bed by 9:45 pm.

    Thanks, Susan, for the encouragement and accountability. I'll keep you in my prayers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a fantastic week, Mrs. T!!!! And this week you're going to bed even earlier! I pray you will have success again this week. Thank you for praying for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exercise at least 3 to 4 times this week. Not even close.
    Stay on a healthy well-balanced diet 5 days. Mon- Tues. I did pretty good, Wed-Thurs. not so good. Tried again on Friday, but Sat and Sunday forget it.
    Drink 3 bottles of water a day. Accomplished this one M-F, but then left the water for diet-coke.
    Eat something sweet only on the weekend. Sat-Sun Boy, oh boy, did I blow this. As I read your post for today I had just finished a cruller. I am really going to have to get it together. I really thought I would be able to do this, even on vacation, but it was not to be.
    Rest when I need it. I have been able to do this.

    I am going to be more realistic this week.

    Goals:Exercise at least 1 to 2 times this week.
    Drink 2 bottles of water a day.
    One dessert per day.
    Rest when I need it.

    I will get back to my regular schedule when I get back home. Now, I think I will try to exercise to work off a part of the donut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl, sounds like you had as hard a time as I did last week! Realistic is good; that's more what I had intended, then I set some unrealistic goals myself last week. It's a whole new week now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin