Monday, April 09, 2012

April Fitness Challenge: Week 1


Scales 
Photo by chrisinplymouth

One week down on this Fitness Challenge! Today we'll check in with our goals from last week and set new ones for this week. You can leave a comment here or you can post about it on your own blog and leave a comment letting us know you did.

First, my goals from last week:

1. Exercise 5 days, including my 3 days at Curves. Done! Wes and I took a hike on Friday, then a walk after church last night, in addition to my 3 days at Curves.
2. Drink 6 glasses of water per day. Not so good on this one. I did fine Monday through Thursday, but any variation in my routine seems to throw off the water drinking.
3. Eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables each day. Didn't complete this one either. I did fine for five days, but missed getting in all my servings on two days.
4. No sweets. For me, that means nothing that, if I weren't diabetic, I would be eating or drinking that is sweetened. Coke Zero, for instance. I love Coke Zero. If I were not diabetic, I'd be drinking Cokes. So no diet sodas, no sugar-free pudding, no sugar-free candy this week. On this one, I did not eat anything "sweet" (for me, that would be artificially sweetened desserts), but I didn't stick it out with the Coke Zero! So I sort of met the overall goal?!

Now for this week's goals:
 
1. Exercise 5 days.
2. Drink 6 glasses of water per day.
3. Eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables each day.
4. Check my blood sugar 3 times a day.
5. Go to bed by 10:30 each night.  
 

So how did you do on your goals last week?
 
What are goals for this week?

5 comments:

  1. These were my major fitness goals for last week:
    1. Keep up with FlyLady's Body Clutter investigator.
    2. Exercise 4 to 5 times.
    3. Drink 64 ounces of water each day.

    And here's how I did:
    1. Not well at all. I started to fill out the BCI on Monday, but got completely sidetracked and never did get back to it.
    2. Exercised 3 times, so this wasn't a total failure. So glad I'm setting goals or I wouldn't be accomplishing anything.
    3. I know I didn't manage this amount of water every day, but I did consume more water than usual, so am pleased with that much progress.

    So for this week, my goals will be the same -- plus, I was inspired by your goal to set an earlier bedtime, so I will do the same. My goals:

    1. Keep up with Body Clutter Investigator.
    2. Exercise 4 to 5 times.
    3. Drink at least 64 ounces of water.
    4. Get to bed by 10 pm each night.

    Thanks for the encouragement and accountability, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did fine, Mrs. T!!! You make a good point, too: if you didn't set goals, you wouldn't get as much done as you did. If you aim at nothing, you're bound to hit it! ;)

      Thanks for joining in. Don't give up!

      Delete
  2. Here were my goals for last week:

    Exercise at least 3 to 4 times this week. (I accomplished this goal by doing yard work and spring cleaning)
    Stay on a healthy well-balanced diet 5 days. (done)
    Drink 3 bottles of water a day. (more like 4 or 5 a day)
    Eat something sweet only on the weekend. Sat-Sun ( just one servings of desert on Sat, and one on Sunday)

    Setting goals has really helped my stay with it. This next couple of weeks is going to be harder. We are going on an unexpected vacation, but I still plan on trying to accomplish the same goals and try to slow down and rest when my body tells me to!

    My goals for week two:

    Exercise at least 3 to 4 times this week.
    Stay on a healthy well-balanced diet 5 days.
    Drink 3 bottles of water a day.
    Eat something sweet only on the weekend. Sat-Sun
    Rest when I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did great, Cheryl! Setting goals has helped me far more than I thought it would. Have a great vacation, and stick to those goals! :)

    I actually found 3 comments from you, published 2, then realized one of those was a repeat too. That`s why one of your comments says deleted by blog administrator!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin