Monday, April 02, 2012

April Fitness Challenge: Startup!

Scales 
Photo by chrisinplymouth

I'm SO ready for this month of fitness challenges! I hope you'll join me each week in posting your good health goals. Just leave a comment with your goals for the week or post them on your own blog and come back here to let us know. Let's provoke one another to good works . . . in this case, better health!

My goals for this week:

1. Exercise 5 days, including my 3 days at Curves.
2. Drink 6 glasses of water per day.
3. Eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables each day.
4. No sweets. For me, that means nothing that, if I weren't diabetic, I would be eating or drinking that is sweetened. Coke Zero, for instance. I love Coke Zero. If I were not diabetic, I'd be drinking Cokes. So no diet sodas, no sugar-free pudding, no sugar-free candy this week. 

Do you have any goals you'd like to meet for your health this week? Feel free to share them with us!




7 comments:

  1. Susan, thank you for making this challenge available. I'm glad to have this way to specifically track my fitness goals.

    Here are my fitness goals for this week:
    1)Keep up with FlyLady's Body Clutter Investigator
    2)Drink at least 64 ounces of water per day
    3)Exercise 4 to 5 times.

    Thanks again for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're joining me, Mrs. T! You have good, attainable goals for this week. I pray the Lord will bless you with success in meeting them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first Sunday of the month my daughter and my son-in-law come over for dinner, I always make a dessert to serve after our meal. I remembered your challenge last night and thought that I would take some of the cake to some elderly ladies that I would be visiting tomorrow and leave the rest for my son to eat I woke up this morning and that cake is the first thing I thought about, fortunately the ants got to it before I could and I had to throw it all out. ): The temptation now gone, maybe now I can stick to my fitness goals for the week. I hope!

    My fitness goals for the week:
    Exercise at least 3 to 4 times this week.
    Stay on a healthy well-balanced diet 5 days.
    Drink 3 bottles of water a day.
    Eat something sweet only on the weekend. Sat-Sun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like the Lord took care of that cake temptation for you - He made a way of escape! Great goals you've set - God bless you!

      Delete
  4. I actually started a new diet last Tuesday, so I decided to join your challenge.

    My Goals:
    1) Eat no more than 1200 calories per day
    2) Exercise 5 days each week
    3) Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily
    4) No sugar and very little bread

    Since last Tuesday, I've lost five pounds! Yay! Not going to lose that much every week, but I always lose more when I limit my sugar and bread intake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Tammy! Five pounds already - good for you! Thanks for joining in the challenge. Your goals look great! Praying the Lord keeps blessing your efforts!

      Delete
  5. Hi Susan, I'm just finding your challenge a week later! I'm glad you're doing so well sticking to your goals. I need goals! I think I love Coke Zero too much, too! Another way we're kindred spirits. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin