Saturday, March 24, 2012

Worth the Read

Photo by Raven


It's been a couple of weeks since I shared some links worth reading around the blog world. I should have plenty saved up!

Christian Living:

A Prayer For My Grandchildren - A beautiful and practical prayer for grandchildren. Of course, I don't have any yet, but when I do, this will be my prayer! And what's to hinder me from praying for them now? I prayed in advance for my children.

Modesty Promotes Friendship - this is an excellent article concerning the whole purpose of modesty: loving your neighbor. A quote: "Obviously, Christian men need to learn how to be on guard (Job 31:1), but they shouldn’t have to be on guard against their sisters in Christ who should know better—who are also called to walk in love." You will be glad you read this!

Dressing To Attract - another great article on modesty. "Am I dressing attractively or dressing to attract?" There is an important difference!

Preparing Your Children For Marriage - good guidelines for preparing your children for the most important relationship of their lives, from their earliest years on. Side note: after I read the article and was saving it, I realized it was written by my niece's future father-in-law! The wedding is in May, so I think this is a very timely subject in his household right now.

The Most Important Hour of the Day - how you spend your first hour every morning can make a difference in your entire day.

Tell Your Story - sometimes it's hard to figure out what to say when you're witnessing to someone. Why not just tell your own story? No one can argue with what Jesus has done for you!

Homemaking:

Tips To Stock and Organize Your Pantry - I have no trouble stuffing stocking my pantry, but organizing it? This is a help.

15 New FREE Home Management Printables - I love printables! These cover all facets of homemaking.

How I Make Pizza Crusts For the Freezer - With just Wes and me here, one recipe for pizza dough is too much. Here's one way to freeze them for later use.

Freezer Cooking – Everything About Storing Food in the Freezer - Everything you need to know if you've wanted to try freezer cooking.


That wraps it up for this week. Join me (most) Saturdays for Worth the Read!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin