Saturday, March 24, 2012

Friday Finish . . . on Saturday

I finished two more blocks from the Bloggers' Block of the Month at Canton Village Quilt Works. The first six monthly blocks have already been posted, and the seventh one will be published tomorrow. I now have the first four completed for my Christmas quilt, and tonight I'm working on blocks three and four on my Rebel Roses quilt. I've been working hard all day, preparing for a busy Sunday, so I can sew a little tonight!

First four blocks of my Christmas Quilt

First, here is the block I started last Friday during the Friday Night Sew In. I just had four little half-square blocks done, so I finished that block first. I absolutely love it! It's block two for my Christmas quilt.

Next, I made block three for my Christmas quilt. I didn't like the look of this one in the instructions, but by the time I got it finished, I liked it pretty well. Still not my favorite, though. Wes said it looked the sun reflecting in a lake, which it does if you turn it with the darker side up.



Finally, I made block four, the one I'd been eyeing all along and was most excited about. It's an understatement when I say I am pleased with this block! Those little squares? They are each 1" square! Wes took one look and said, "That's insanity!" But they are strip-pieced and pretty easy to do. I can't wait to make this square in my Rebel Roses quilt. It's may favorite so far.



I'm linking this entry with Whoop Whoop Friday. You should hop over there and see all the stuff everybody's making! Also linking to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!






WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

  1. Those are so pretty, Susan! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Block 3 is one I'd love to use for a whole quilt! Great progress this week - Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a quilt in a book the other day that had blocks similar to that one, called Coffee and Cream. That was the first time I'd even thought this block was anything I liked at all! It's growing on me!

      Delete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin