Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Friday Night Sew-In Coming Up


Handmade by Heidi


Friday Night Sew-In is this Friday, the 17th, and for the second month in a row, I should be able to participate! I'm planning to work on finishing the wall hanging I started last month. After I got those blocks done last month, I realized I'd messed up on some of them . . . so I re-made them. That put me behind, so I'm just now getting the top almost finished (I didn't get anything done on it during Family Conference). I also want to work on some Christmas gifts in conjunction with Christmas Through the Year at Quilting Daze. The idea is to make at least one Christmas gift each month throughout the year, so you'll have most of your Christmas gifts done by the time November rolls around. I've wanted to do some handmade gifts the past several years, but I didn't take the time to plan and get the ball rolling, so I'm trying to do that this year. I didn't get a gift done in January, but this wall hanging will become one, and I have plans for another one or two by the end of the month.

So that's the plan. Will anyone be joining me Friday night? Be sure to sign up at Handmade By Heidi to be entered for a prize! I'm looking forward to sewing with you!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder, I signed up right below you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad we'll be sewing "together," Debbie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to join in this month. I did this a while ago and it really helped me get things done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you'll be joining us too, Bren!

      Delete
  4. I just decided yesterday that I'm finishing with sewing (after I put binding on my table runner) until after the baby comes....then, I saw your sew-in, and then so many neat posts on other quilt blogging sites, too....so I think I might join you! :o) We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami, I know you're getting ready to have that baby, so your time is precious. I hope you can join in on Friday night!

      Delete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin