Saturday, January 28, 2012

Worth the Read


 
Photo by Raven

Happy Saturday! It's a snowy day here in Kelowna, the most snowfall we've had this winter. Here are some articles from our the blogosphere that I felt were worth the read on this wintry day . . .

Living:
45 Questions to Fine-Tune Your Spiritual Life
Ideas For Your Walk With God
10 Practical Ways to Boost Your Energy Level 
Doing Something is Always Better Than Doing Nothing


In the Kitchen:
Across My Kitchen Table: A Hearty Soup For a Cold Winter Day
Mrs. Pacutie: Mexican For Supper
Freezer Cooking
Meal Ministry Monday: Serving Missionaries - Missionaries are close to my heart (for obvious reasons!), and this article is both motivating and practical

Getting Crafty:
101 Handmade Valentine's Day Ideas - some of these have me ready to craft up some Valentine's goodness!
Valentine Throw Pillow
Emerson Street Table Topper - I just love this little table topper!
2 Little Hooligans: Casserole Carrier Tutorial



7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links and for categorizing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the "Ideas For Your Walk With God". Thanks!

    I saw a touching picture this week in a gardening book that I got from the library. It was the author's father who was a preacher, sitting on an old weathered bench looking across the mountains with his Bible in his lap. She said that when she was growing up, every morning at dawn and every afternoon right before dusk, this was his favorite spot to spend time with God.

    Made me wish I had a peaceful place like that to read the Bible.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading, Manuela! :)

    Debbie ~ The place where the preacher read his Bible each day sounds so peaceful! It would be so nice to have a place like that. In the spring and summer I like to sit on my balcony and read the Bible. It's not very scenic, but I enjoy being outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the links, Susan. I checked out several of them and they are indeed worth the read. Thanks too for linking to my soup recipe! That was a fun surprise for me.

    I too enjoy having devotions outside in season. In late spring, summer, and early fall I often have my devotions on our screened front porch. I've learned that soft music and a scented candle can help me ignore the crated chocolate Lab at the far end of it. I think too that if most of us look around our homes, we can find or create a special corner in which to spend time with God.

    Thanks again for sharing these links.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Mrs. T ~ I'm glad you found the articles "worth the read!" Thank you for letting me know! How nice that you have a screened in front porch. My Granny had one for years and I loved it even as a child. That's one of my dreams, to someday have a screened in porch. I agree with you, too, that we can make a special place to spend time with the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing my Valentine's Day post! Now I'm off to check out some of these other links! :)

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim ~ I loved looking lots of those links (how do you find the time to find them all?!); thanks for putting them together, and thanks for stopping by to say Hi! I hope you find something worth the read in my links!

      Delete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin