Thursday, October 06, 2011

Here & There

My thoughts are here & there today. This week has been calm and quiet after last week's revival, so I've done a bit of resting - which isn't hard when the sky is cloudy and gray. Here are some of my thoughts this week:

The new baby at church. She is so precious and sweet. She is also very calm; she sleeps through noise that would wake the dead! Our ancient upright piano is loud, and we have lots of children, so it's always loud at church, and she just snoozes right through all of it. Last night, I was talking to her, and she fixed her little eyes on my face . . . and smiled! Yes, she smiled! Her mama says she is already trying to coo at them. She just can't figure it out yet! I am totally in love with this little girlie, and when she smiled at me last night I felt my heart wrap just a little tighter around those dainty little 3-week-old fingers! This is the first baby we've had in our church since Wes began pastoring.

A quilt class. The sweet ladies of our church gave me a gift certificate to a local quilt shop last spring for my birthday. The idea was for me to take a quilt class and buy the supplies with the certificate. The class schedule came out several weeks ago, so I went and looked at all the samples, thought and waffled and meditated and finally chose a class . . . only to find that I'm the only one registered for it and it needs at least four people for the class to run! The class was supposed to be tonight, but the store owner has pushed it back to the end of October to see if anyone else will register. The pattern is called Sparkling Stars. It's modern and I love it and I can't wait to make it. Hopefully there will be more participants by the end of the month. If not I'll have to choose another class.

An anniversary trip. Wes and I are taking a little jaunt down to Vancouver this weekend to celebrate our anniversary, which is next week. I found a good deal on Travelzoo a few weeks ago: half off the price of a luxury hotel on the Vancouver waterfront, with an upgrade to a view room and a $100 voucher for food! That voucher will be used up in no time based on the prices we've seen for just the breakfast buffet! We're going to do some of the touristy things we never did when we lived there! ;) And we're just going to enjoy each other after a busy summer.

That's what's on my mind this morning. What's going on in your neck of the woods?

3 comments:

  1. The first baby! Wow!

    The class and excursion sound fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Susan. I hope that they get more signups for the class because Sparkling Stars sounds like a wonderful quilt class. I soooo wish I could be there and take it with you! Would that be absolute fun or what?! Have a great anniversary trip! Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see a picture of that little one... I guess I should email Sarah. Does she have red hair?

    Hope you guys have a wonderful, restful time away enjoying each other!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin